Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(Naomi)

I'm thinking about you.

My heart fluttered at the text messages that kept coming through my phone all through my shift. It wasn't until my lunch break that I was able to check them. I did cheat a few times and take a few extra bathroom breaks. It seemed like when Lucky and I weren't on the phone, we were texting.

I wasn't sure if I could handle him being on the road all the time with his career. I was just glad that he was on his way to his final show and he wouldn't have to tour for a while.

I would have said that I would have him to myself, but there was that element of geography. He lived in LA and me in New York. We hadn't talked about that the week I was with him on the tour bus, nor the two months I'd been home. Even our long nightly phone conversation until dawn didn't touch on such sensitive subjects. The relationship was still new, and I just thought it was safe to assume that we would discuss it when he didn't have the stress of his tour.

Lucky: What do you have on?

Then there was that. Sex was always a frequent topic of discussion. Not that I didn't enjoy discussing one of Lucky's many gifted traits, everything seemed to end with us talking about it. Which was distressing because being so far away from each other thinking about it, made at all the more stressful and I had been a virgin to phone sex before Lucky, but that wasn't anything close to the real thing.

Me: Scrubs Lucky. LOL! I'm @ Work.

Lucky: What color panties?

I felt my cheeks warm.

“What are you over there blushing about?” I looked up to see Cindy sitting on the other end of the table. My new bestie-slash-shopping-buddie-slash-my-rockstar-boyfriend's-biggest-fan.

I slid my bottom lip between my teeth and placed my fingers over my mouth. I shook my head.

She gave me a knowing smirk. “Lucky.”

Me: Guess...

“You are too adorable.” She giggled.

Lucky:Plz b a black thong!

I busted into a fit of giggling.

“Really?” Cindy laughed. “What did he say?”

“Nothing.” I snickered.

Me: Maybe?

“You better watch what you say. It might end up in his next song.” Cindy smiled as she bit into a baby carrot from her salad.

Lucky: You're going to have me going on this radio show with a boner.

I busted out laughing again.

Me: Not my fault. That's ur dirty mind.

I thought a moment about what Cindy said about ending up in his next song. It wasn't like it hadn't happened before. I didn't know if Cindy knew it. He was angry at me then. I wondered about now. If he would tell everyone the things we did in our private lives. I hoped I didn't have to deal with that. It surprised me that I didn't get much media attention being his girlfriend. I wasn't upset about it. I liked that I could keep my privacy, but there were times where I wondered if he was only my boyfriend in my own mind. I tried not to think that way. Even more because I was going to ask him to spend the holidays with my family and I wanted to make sure we were on the same page. If where we were as a couple.

Lucky: It's ur fault for being so damn sexy. I can't concentrate on anything else but when I'm going to feel that sexy body against mine again.