Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Naomi)

“So what do you think he's getting you?”

I rolled my eyes. “I don't care what he gets.” I said. “That's not why I called you, Cindy. I wanted to figure out what to get for Lucky.”

“Naomi, he's a rock star, it's not like he can't afford it.”

I rolled over on my back and looked up at the ceiling after letting out a sigh. I had figured Cindy would help, being Lucky's fan. I figured he said something in an interview saying what he might have wanted for Christmas.

“Come on, Naomi. There has to be something.”

“I want Lucky to have a memorable Christmas. In a good way.”

“Naomi. If you could have anything what would it be?”

“You're not helping.”

“You know he's out there right now looking for the perfect gift. Put the guy out of his misery. I told Roger, I wanted something sparkly, white gold, princess cut in size six.”

“Won't that ruin the surprise?”

“I think guys secretly want you to spell it out for them. Leave a catalog around or something.”

“Then I guess I'll have to leave A Night Before Christmas or something, because that is really all I want.” I laughed.

“Well why don't you take him to Starlights, they are doing this whole Christmas thing tomorrow.”

“The club?” I shook my head. “I want to give Lucky a dream Christmas and you suggest the club.”

“Why not? That is probably more his speed anyway.”

I didn't want to think about Lucky that way, but maybe that was why I was going about this all wrong. I was thinking about what kind of Christmas I had growing up.

“He'd have to dye his hair, though. So he doesn't get recognized.”

I nodded. I hadn't thought of that. I still didn't see Lucky as a celebrity. He was just my Lucky. Then I had a thought.

“Didn't you say Lucky was at the mall?” Cindy said reading my mind.

I sat up. “I hope he's okay.”

Cindy giggled.

“Why is it funny?”

“Turn on the news.” She said.

“What's going on?” I asked reaching for my remote. I flicked on the news and caught the tale end of the story. 'Big Shopping Day Interrupted By Celebrity Siting'. There was Lucky with his arms wrapped around two women one kissing each cheek taking a picture. I wasn't jealous, I knew that was his job, I just wish he'd called.

“I can't believe he went by himself.” She paused. “Wait...is that?”

I giggled. “Well he said he was going to be in the area anyway.”

“You sneaky little...”

There was a knock at my door. I hung up and I rushed to answer it. I wrapped myself around him and let his scent engulf me.

(Lucky)

It was like she couldn't get in my arms fast enough.

“You okay, Babe?” I cradled her cheeks.

“Lucky, I don't want anything for Christmas. I just want you.”

I chuckled. “You weren't worried about me were you?”