Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Lucky)

It was bound to happen. I don't know how it lasted this long. The longer I thought about it, the more I came down from the high of her. It was like reality crashed in. I heard Todd's voice again. Naomi was out of my league. She was still too good for me. I was a worldwide super star and yet somehow, deep down I was still that loaded freeloading musician she met all those years ago.

It was like a bolder hit my chest.

(Naomi)

It was rude, but I immediately called Cindy. I was hurt. I wanted to pretend like Christmas didn't matter but it did matter. I knew he had a distaste for it, but hate?

“Hey Naomi.”

“Hey Cid.” My voice shook.

“Are you okay.” I heard a breath. “Let me guess. First fight.”

The tears flooded my face. “How did you know.”

“Been there.” She said. “What was it about.”

“Lucky, hates Christmas.” I balled, thinking I was such a big baby. What the hell was wrong with me?

“Thought you were going to do the special Christmas celebration for him.”

“I don't think it's going to work.”

“That's what everyone says after their first argument, Naomi. Trust me. I thought Roger and I wouldn't make it because his parents are republican, and look at us now. He's even learned to deal with my healthy obsession with Lucky.”

I cocked my head.

“Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but my point is, that's the beauty of being in a committed relationship. You're going to have your disagreements, you can't just throw in the towel after your first one.”

I brushed a tear. She was right. I was glad Cindy was my friend. “Thanks Cid.”

“Just remember make up sex is intense.”

I giggled. “Bye Cid.”

“I'm just saying.”

I hug up with Cindy again and went back into the living room where I spotted Lucky...standing by the front door...luggage in hand. His deep intense green eyes were glazed over. My heart sank. Was he leaving?

I threw my hand on my hip. “Where are you going?”

He walked up to me dragging his rolling bag. He slid his arms around my waist and tried to kiss me, but I pulled away.

“Where are you going, Lucky?” I asked more enraged.

“Baby, I'm so sorry. All I wanted was to make our time together special.”

“So you're putting this on me?” I snapped.

He chuckled tightly. Was he laughing about this? “That's not what I meant. Babe.” His head fell and he looked back up at me. “I'm not the guy for you. You deserve so much more.”

“You're leaving?” Then the water works started again. Damnit! “You're dumping me?”

He grabbed my arms and I tried to push him off but he wouldn't let go. “Baby...”

“Don't 'baby' me.” I blared. “We have one argument and you want to call it quits?”

“Babe, I just...”

I pulled away. “Well fuck you too. I guess everything you said about loving me was bullshit. I guess the sex and the sleep were nice. Well, good riddance.” I plodded to my room and slammed the door again fuming.

He knocked on my door. “Naomi, can we talk.”

“Now you want to talk?” I snapped. “I thought you were leaving?”

“Can we talk first?”

“We are talking?”

“Not with a door in between us, babe.”

“I'm not your, 'babe', Lucky.”

“I'm sorry Omie, I really am. I wish I was different. I wish...fuck! I don't know what I wish. I do love you. I love you enough to know you deserve so much more. I'm sorry if I wasted your time.”

After a little while I heard the door close. I crept out of my room to see if he really left. He did.

I fell on the couch threw a pillow at the door and sobbed like a baby, or a girl that was just dumped by the only man she had ever truly loved.