Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Lucky)

When Naomi got home from work, I was already showered and ready for my day to begin, or course plan was to let her fall asleep in my arms first, but as I expected, it ended with our naked bodies entangled between her sheets. A reminder of how much I couldn't resist her even if I tried. Not that I ever would. She was my world, and this Christmas was going to be my way of showing her.

I trailed my fingers down her sensuous curves, slid the covers over her soft caramel toned body and placed a soft kiss at her hair line. I carefully slid out of bed, and found my clothes on the floor. I carefully slid into my boxers, then my jeans and when I turned to find my shirt I noticed those big sparkly ebonies staring into mine. I was caught.

I smiled. “Hey babe.”

“Where are you sneaking off to?” There was a smirk on her face, but I had a feeling that she might have been offended that I was leaving, almost the equivalent in the middle of the night, since she had just gotten off the graveyard shift.

I lowered myself on to the bed and rubbed her back. “Babe, I just have some errands to run.”

She rolled over on her stomach and tilted her head up. Letting me know that she was awake. “You weren't going to say goodbye.”

I chuckled. “I thought I did say goodbye...twice.”

Her cheeks tinged pink as she smiled.

I kissed her forehead again and brushed a bang from her face. “I'm not going to be long babe, I promise.”

“I can't go with you?”

I sighed.

She pushed her lips together. “Fine.”

“Babe, I just wanted you to get some sleep.” I said. “I'll have my phone on me if you need me...”

“Lucky, I'm not trying to put you on a leash, I just...”

“Want to spend every waking moment with me.” She smiled letting me know I hit the needle on the head. “I do too, but I wasn't able to send for all of my clothes, I figured I'd stop by the mall and come right back home.” It wasn't a total lie.

She cocked her head and gave me a suspicious look. I could tell she didn't believe me. “I'll be back soon, I promise.” I kissed her cheek.

“Okay, Lucky.”

I finished getting dressed and headed out the door, wishing that I had just let her go with me. It wouldn't have been hard to sneak off while she was in the bathroom to pick out something. I was sure she needed to shop for me. Not that I wanted anything. She had already given me so much. How do you top being the a person's whole reason for living? That was why the gift that I picked out needed to be perfect.

I didn't realize until the cab pulled up to the mall, that I was a celebrity in a public place. I guess I was just so used to LA, or maybe I was just spoiled. I just decided to slip into a small souvenir shop and picked up some sunglasses and a Yankees cap. Not much of a disguise but I wasn't going to be there for long, I just figured the holiday shoppers would be so into the urgency of the holiday, they wouldn't even notice me.

The map I looked at showed the jewelry store was on the second floor and so far that theory was working but I didn't want to take any chances. I kept my head down until got into the small jeweler.

There was a short gray-haired guy in there, he was already helping out a customer. A tall guy with bleached blond hair. He looked like he was trying decide from three what looked to be engagement rings.