Chapter 11

Lucky

“Naomi, if you don't be quiet, I'm going to tie you up with that scarf later.”

She giggled deeply. “Okay Christian Grey, I got you.”

I held my hands on her hips, but I hadn't thought that it would be so hard trying to guide her blind folded through the snow. I almost slipped a few times. I started to second guess the blind fold, but it was a little late for all of that, I'd already committed to it, so I took slow careful steps. I hated that the drive way was so far away from the cabin.

“Seriously Luck, where are you taking me?”

“What did I tell, you?” I teased. “Hush.”

“Why do you have me out in the cold? Seriously? I thought you were going to take me to the beach or something.”

Now she tells me.I chuckled. “It closes the mouth or it gets the hose again.”

She giggled again. “And what 'hose' would that be?”

“You know what hose.” I pulled her closer into me as we walked making sure my junk brushed across her healthy ass.

She laughed. “What am I going to do with you?”

Finally, we were at the front stoop of the cabin. I found the key in the pocket and opened the door. I picked up Naomi, unable to wait another minute for her surprise. Yeah, it might have looked like I was carrying her like we were married, but I didn't care, I loved the excuse to have her in my arms. I loved hearing her squeal.

The smell of pine was even more overwhelming inside, but not in a bad way. Maybe this surprise was for me too. I needed some new memories and any memories that including my 'Omie were worth emptying out the bank for.

In the living room. I set her down in the middle of the floor, then slid off the scarf, and watched her carefully. Her cocoa eyes light up like the blinking Christmas tree in front of us.

She circled it with her hand over her mouth. That was a good sign. She looked over at me with glassy eyes.

“Lucky, you didn't have to.”

I shoved my hands in my pockets and shrugged. “I wanted to.”

She scurried across the room into my arms and our lips crashed together. It was amazing how one kiss from her made my whole world come together. I thought about our first one. The 'accidental' on all those years ago. I got to thinking that it wasn't a mistake. That kiss was meant to bring we to life in so many ways. 

I could have kept kissing her, I wanted to drag her up to one of the bedrooms upstairs and unwrap her as my Christmas present. We heard familiar voices outside.

I blew out a breath. “Damnit.” I looked at her, they found us.”

Naomi

We rushed outside just as an SUV pulled up the drive way. I looked back at Lucky who was scratching his stubble as he walked out of the cabin with a unreadable expression. What did he have up his sleeve?

That was when the doors opened on the SUV and Roger, Cindy, and Kevin got out. My heart leaped and I just screamed and so did Cindy. We ran up to each and hugged.

“What are you doing here?” I said.

“Come on, babe.” Kevin said. “We couldn't let our girl spend Christmas without her family.”

“Yeah, it was Lucky's idea.” Smiled Roger.

I looked at Lucky but he was down on the ground scooping up a big heap of snow. He tossed it at Kevin. “For Sparta.”

“I'm sorry sweetheart, but your rocker boy is dead!” He blew passed me.

I can't remember the last time I had a snow ball fight, but this one was the most fun I had in a long time.

“Omie.” Lucky sang with a large pile of snow in his hands.

“You better not throw that at me Lucky.” I warned

A look of mischief was in his eyes and that evil smile brought out that cute dimple that I loved so much.

I backed away holding out my hand protectively. “Lucky? Lucky? Luke!” I giggled. 

His eyes widened when I used his government name. He charged me and I tried to run but before I knew it his body weight was on me and we came crashing to the snowy ground. I just giggled. “You are such a jerk.”

He cradled my face. “You love this jerk.” He brought his lips to mine.

Tackling me with his woody homey scent.

“You two get a room.”

We got up and went inside. We all had to change from being wet and dirty.

The day started to turn into night, we ordered pizza, not exactly Christmas dinner, but it worked. We finally settled in living room and exchanged gifts. I wish I had known but, Lucky was basically the only one exchanging gifts. He looked so cute in his green Santa hat.

He handed me a small rectangular gift. I opened the card. “For My Ice Queen” I giggled carefully removing the paper. It was the Frozen DVD. I giggled. I told Lucky that I wanted to see it with him when it was in theaters, but he was on the road. Now we could snuggle up and watch it later, I thought.

He also got me a necklace, that had a snow flake charm on it, with and engraving that read simply “To 'Omie: My Everything” I had to kiss him after that. I didn't know how I had ever got so lucky. Just when I thought this was going to be an epic fail Christmas, my Lucky comes in and saves the day. It was more than, the gifts or the trips. It was just the fact that he knew me, sometimes better than I knew myself. I never would have thought about it, but the people sitting around the room, were my family and I was so blessed to have them all in my life. Luck helped me see.

“So, Lucky,” The glowing bride to be, Cindy spoke, “When are you going to put a ring on Naomi's hand?”

I felt Lucky adjust in the cushion next to me, his grip tightening around my hand...

Merry Christmas everyone! ;)

My Free Fall coming soon...