T W O ; brad

helllooo beautiful people! i hope you're all doing well- as you can see i'm here with an update for you all! 

how have you all been? i hope you've been taking care of yourselves and drinking lots of water <3 i really hope you enjoy this chapter. 

comment, vote ect, i love feedback and it's so appreciated.

-

 The next time I see Tristan Evans is the day after at school.

With a bounce in my step and Connor by my side, I walk up to him; a part of me mad, and the other part of me just relieved to see him.

"Tris," I smile, leaning against his locker, and he gives me a tight smile from the side. "Where have you been? I tried calling, I tried texting, I messaged your mu-"

The mean time, I try to keep my voice calm and sweet but that soon stops when he slams his locker and turns to face me full on.

The other half of his face is a little cut up.

His eye is black, and his high cheekbones are shaded blue; for fuck sake.

I open my mouth to talk to the blond, but he's already walking away- I can tell by those blue eyes that he doesn't want to talk to me, but too bad. Because he is.

"I'm sorry Con, I'll see you in class," I say, trying my best to make it up to the boy who I haven't had much time with lately. I feel awful. I do, but an angry Tristan is not something you want walking around the school.

"It's okay mate, go talk to him. I'll see you later anyways."

I'm quickly running after Tris, calling down the hallway- I know that little shit can hear me. I know he can, and I only have little legs- I end up having to run to catch up with him and god knows I hate running.

But I swear I end up running everywhere for Tris.

My hand reaches out and I grab his hand- instantly I move my hand to his wrist and he tries to fight but I'm not letting go. Not again, I have before and we all know how that ended.

"Hey," My voice is soft. According to everyone, my voice is always soft but when he gets like this I gotta make a conscious effort to be more gentle. Sometimes he gets unpredictable. "Calm down, I'm here, okay?"

We end up skipping class and sitting on our bank we always sit on together when he gets stressed- it has a little zen pond on it and he likes looking at the fish; he's basically a 5 year old, I know.

The September air is cool and warm.

"How did you get that bruised eye?" I ask, and he still hasn't really found it in himself to make eye contact which is uncommon. We always seem to make eye contact.

Blue eyes clears his throat.

"My dad-"

"Tris, did your dad hit you?"

"No."

"No?"

I'm in need of a little explanation here, because from my perspective, even though I'm a short ass, Tris' dad is about to get his ass BEAT.

"You didn't let me finish," he says grumpily, and I roll my eyes. Tristan has always been shut off. Hard to talk to and I know that I'm the only person in this world he confides in which, yes, holds great responsibility but I'm just glad I can be of aid to him. "He was on the phone to Mum and the family and shit, and started promising stuff to everyone and getting their hopes up, talking trash about how he'll take them shopping and get toys. So I lashed out and started shouting at them. I know I'm a fucking piece of shit brother, I am and I hate myself for it but I just couldn't bare to sit there and listen to him lie to them. And Dad was dad, told me to get fucked and I left. Met with Mitchy, and got a little drunk. Me and him got into an argument."
My chest pangs at the mention of Mitchy. Fucking Mitchy, what does he ever do for Tris other than give him booze and make his self confidence even lower?