Chapter Two

I know when Tori isn't kidding. She folds her arms and makes a face at me. She was not kidding. "Well don't just sit there, make yourself breakfast and finish your coffee," she exclaimed. "What about me getting ready?" I stared down at my pajamas. "It's 9:30. Are you saying that you will be able to put on makeup, get dressed, brush your teeth and hair, AND shower in 45 minutes?"

"Yes,"

She laughed. "Look, I've known you for 16 years. You take more than 30 minutes just to put on makeup!"

"Time me," I said, standing up. I grabbed a piece of bacon, and I finished my coffee. I made cereal, then ran to my bedroom. Got dressed, then I brushed my teeth. I showered, I did my makeup, then I did my hair. I ran into the kitchen, catching my breath. "Wow, 20 minutes," Tori said. Even though I was catching my breath, I tried to hide it and stood straight up and did a superhero pose. Tori rolled her eyes at me.

"Alright, get in the car. We're leaving," I was hiding it, but I was scared as crap. Who knows what the guy is actually gonna do? Is he really going to give us a credit card, or is he going to kill us? Is he going to kidnap us, and throw away our phones so we can't call somebody? You never know what's going to happen.

Tori said that she'll drive, and I was happy with that. She looks so confident about this, yet here I am sitting in the back of the car scrunched up in a ball. Tori screamed, and I have no idea why. I put my feet on the ground and sat up. What happened after that was a blur.

I woke up to sirens. I was laying on an airbag. I pushed it out of the way and I walked out of the car. What left me shook was the fact that there was a screwed up car right in front of us. I was too scared to look, but I had to. I walked up to the front of Tori's car, and it was just as screwed up as the car in front of ours. I looked at where the sirens were coming from and saw the police and ambulances. Tori was in a ambulance bed, unconscious. I ran over to her then the paramedics stopped me.

"Oh no, you can't come any closer to her. Unless you were riding in the vehicle with her or you're family," one paramedic said. "Yeah," said the other. The other paramedic made a look to him. "Oh it's fine, I was riding with her," I said, "she's my best friend." They let me through, and they let me ride with her to the hospital. I did, but even if I didn't I really had no choice. That was my only ride, since her car was getting towed.

We were in the ambulance, halfway there to to hospital. Tori was just waking up. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked her. I was so happy that she was awake and okay. All she did was groan. The paramedic told me it was best not to talk to her, so I just went on my phone. Dang, it's cracked... I hope it still works, I thought. I turned it on and I was at 20%. I'll just use up 5% now, then use the rest when we are getting out 'credit card', I thought. As I was playing Candy Crush, I decided to make up a plan. Once we got there, I would have my phone in my front pocket, but the camera poking out. I would videotape the whole thing, and I have enough space. So if we ever call the cops, I will show them the video on court. Or even in interrogation, just in case court doesn't work out.

At the hospital, we found out that Tori broke her leg, but that is it. She got bruised in some places, but the reason she got unconscious was because of the sudden stop, that she is lucky she survived. Normally, I don't listen to doctors and I have my mom tell me what they said in a short summary that makes sense. But this is Tori, so I nodded my head in agreement as the doctor was ranting. Boy, am I dumb. I only understood about a quarter of what he said. But I did get the important stuff, which was she was supposed to be in a wheelchair out in public and at home she was supposed to be in crutches. Tori was awake to hear all this, so fortunately I was not the one that was going to let her down. She was going to get it casted, and right when Tori was being led out my mom came rushing in.