2

*little note! i love photography, so i will be posting pictures of lake george i've taken, and i will try to take pictures of the lake house i'm talking about. i'm trying to explain what i know when it comes to this, and the characters are staying at the lake house i stay at, and the same lake and yada yada, so i have pictures and i'll post a few with each chapter!*

*TRIGGER WARNING - RAPE*

"elise!" i hear rosanna's high pitched voice interrupt my slumber. i let out an annoyed groan as i wake up, slowly getting more into reality. "rest stop." she mumbles, and i unbuckle my seatbelt and grab my purse. i stride over to the little shop, and get a bag of chips and a coke. i get on line, with rosanna tailing behind me.

"rosanna?" i hear a man ask, with an irish accent. huh?

"niall! hey, are you going up to the lake too?" rosanna asked, tilting her head to the side and smiling. i notice she was a bit flustered, as her cheeks reddened just a bit, but it was hard to tell since she was so tan.

oh my god, rosanna has a crush! but wait, this irish boy is going up to the lake?

"yeah, louis and i are headin' up to the house, harry and liam are laggin' behind with the truck." he explains, rubbing the back of his neck. i raise an eyebrow, and rosanna notices my confusion.

"oh! niall, meet elise, and elise meet niall! sorry el, forgot to mention a few of my buddies will be with us during the summer. niall and his friends stay in the neighboring house across ours, my parents let them rent it out every summer." rosanna explains.

i did not sign up to hang out with strangers! i can already feel my social anxiety curling up in me from the anticipation of spending an entire summer with strangers.

also, how did rosanna know this irish man named niall? are his friends foreign too?

i wave fraily, pursing my lips into a weak smile. i try to avoid eye contact, as i step forward and pay for my snack. "she's a bit shy," i hear rosanna whisper, and i smirk slightly. i head to the car as rosanna says her final goodbyes to niall. "i'll see you in a few hours!" she says, while fluttering her eyelashes.

jesus christ, that woman is a sap. i never knew she experienced anything remotely near a crush.

as she opens the car door while sipping an iced coffee, she lets out an exasperated sigh, then a giggle. she sounded insane.

"jesus christ rosa, why didn't you tell me you were head over heels for someone?" i ask with my eyes wide open. i lean my head forward in interest, and rosanna smirks slightly.

"i don't know...his family came here for vacation all the way from ireland every year, ever since he was four. once he was an adult, he brought his buddies here. they all went to college here, and live in new york, too. they all live in the city together, like a british version of friends!" she giggles, sipping on her drink cheekily.

"well, i'll admit i'm a bit scared to meet his friends. but, i'll survive... i hope." i whisper at that last part. rosanna rolls her eyes playfully, and turns the key in ignition. niall walks out of the store, and he waves to her and she does the same. she drives away, and i can't help but be slightly amused. rosanna, the flirt, every man and woman's crush, was absolutely smitten!

after admiring beautiful landscapes and green trees, and shimmering lake champlain - which was also by lake george - we finally pulled up to the lake house. there was a long and twisty driveway, leading right into two roads of pebbles where the cars can park, and a bed of a large variety of flowers. a dock, with a speedboat in the middle, sits atop the large and shimmering blue lake. the sound of the water crashing against the rocks immediately put me at peace, and i close my eyes, and take it all in.