4

*trigger warning - rape*

i walked back into the house, and told rosanna about the little dilemma. i told her i just can't face parties, not since what happened.

she told me she understood, and she'll tell lili and kimberly i just cannot go.

simple - bam. i didn't need harry to step in like that for me, i can handle myself.

"hey, rosa, can i use your car? i want to go into town, explore everything a bit, if you don't mind." i mention, and knock on her bedroom door. she got the bedroom with the upstairs porch, and i got the bathroom. seeming as i needed to always pee in the middle of the night, it was a fair deal.

"sure thing, el. just don't tell any of the boys that, i don't let them drive my car because...well, they suck at driving. except harry, he's like their personal chauffeur." she chuckles, and i stifle a laugh. i don't even bother going into her bedroom, as i jog down the stairs and snatch her car keys out of her purse.

i absolutely adored her mini cooper, and i remember her mentioning it on the first day of college.

and i love you all too much, is it the same for you?

the lyrics to "antichrist" by the 1975 blasted in my ears, until i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned around, and was faced with a beautiful woman with an innocent smirk on her face. she was in a dark maroon t-shirt with black skinny jeans. a sleeve of tattoos peaked down her left arm, and she had a nose ring on her left nostril.

"excuse me, you didn't happen to see a black mini cooper being recklessly driven around by a shitty driver, by the name of oliver?" she asked, with a tint of humor in her tone. i shake my head skeptically, furrowing my eyebrows. she giggled, and put her hand out. i shook it. "i'm rosanna." she smiled.

"elise." i replied, and rosanna took a seat next to me, in the bench under a tree. it was the first day, and everything was pretty chaotic. students were scrambling around, parents were crying, saying goodbye to the freshmen.

i wish my parents cared enough to cry.

"so, have you met your dorm mate yet?" she questioned, shifting closer to me, and getting comfortable.

"no, i'm in room 223, you?"

"same! what a coincidence!" she shouted, and smiled widely. she had very nice teeth. she was very approachable and kind, so it was easy to talk to her right off the bat.

"so about the mini cooper, nice car! how'd you afford it? i'm already drowning in student loans." i joked, resulting in a chuckle from rosanna.

"it was a gift from my grandma. i live with her and my parents. what's your major?" she asked, arching one of her eyebrows.

"film. i want to be a director or a filmmaker, it's been my dream ever since i was little."

"no way! that's cool. i'm majoring in dramatic arts. i want to be an actress" she explains, and i smile.

"maybe i'll make a movie and you'll star in it," i cheekily imply and give her a playful wink.

"well, it was great meeting you, elise! honestly, i'm just glad you're not a prude, or a weirdo. i was afraid i was going to be stuck with somebody who hated me," she laughed, "but i do have to get going, i want my car back!"

she goes jogging off into the midst of people, and i just sat there smiling. i made a friend!

it's painful to look back on that memory. i was so much happier and innocent, and now i'm just corrupted and depressed.