8

me - the 1975

harry's point of view

to say last night was out of the blue and odd would be an understatement. elise obviously has a lot of pent us aggression in her, and i guess i was being too intrusive. and perhaps the alcohol didn't exactly help with her situation. that girl seems to drink herself to oblivion too much, perhaps she just cannot drink socially.

lili comes trailing back into the house, her eyes red and puffy. "what happened? are you okay?" louis questioned, immediately rushing to her aid. there was something fishy going on with those two, maybe they were fooling around. she murmured something inaudible to louis, and he nodded.

"have you been crying?" liam asked, concern evident. he stands up and walks next to louis. "did she hurt you?"

"what? no! no, we talked it over, turns out we have a lot in common, it's just, the discussion was a bit heated." she stammered, trying to keep eye contact with both boys.

"what do you have in common?" i asked, now standing up myself. i was curious to learn more about elise, there was just something different about her. and not the whole cliche, "she's not like other girls", it was the "she seems more fucked up than all the other girls". and trust me, i've had my fair share of downfalls and shitty moments in life, i've been through some shit and have seem some odd folks. but elise? she was the oddest of them all. i guess that's why i was so intrigued by her, she was new, and had a lot of layers to her.

"typical nosy harry," niall scolded, and i rolled my eyes. lili shrugged and pursed her lips, signaling what niall said was true. i throw my head back in frustration, and lili giggled.

"i'm going for a swim." i decide, and walk down to the lake, and immediately dive in. the water immediately woke me up, this was better than a mug of coffee, or any energy drink. i notice elise walking with rosanna, the two quietly conversing in secrecy. i swim over the the dock and hoist myself up. i take a towel, and dry myself off. i then put it around my neck and jog over to the girls. elise looks up at me and cringes.

"hey harry, i wanted to apologize about last night. i was drunk and a lot had happened." elise mumbled, while rosanna stood there cluelessly. she shrugged it off, and went back into her house, deciding to let us have this conversation in private.

"it's fine, love. but, what happened?" i press, and i notice her entire body tense up. "oh, if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine." i really need to learn how to mind my own business.

"thank you, harry."

"so, what are your plans for today?" i mention, trying to make conversation.

"i'm meeting up with... somebody that i used to know."

later that day, i found myself with my notepad, writing down lyrics. i try to think of the typical things that inspire me, so i walk outside, and sit on the rocks by the lake. i look at rosanna's mini cooper as it pulls in the driveway. elise gets out the passenger side and slams the door. tears are cascading down her face and rosanna rushes over to her and gives her a hug. they stood like that for a bit, until the others come and greet the two, and soon grew concerned. i walked over, furrowing my eyebrows in a concerning manner.

"elise?" lili croaked, "what happened, darling?" elise's breath hitched in her throat.

"it's just the... the memories of h-him." she stuttered, and soon broke out into a rushed cry. lili immediately embraced her, and the guys and i knew something was very wrong. we exchanged frantic looks. who was this guy? what memories?