Chapter 8

I sat there in my pajamas thinking over what happened. My stomach growled. I sighed and got out of the bed. I walked toward the kitchen to get myself a snack. As I passed Austin's room I heard whispering.

         "I'm sorry sir but I can't do it........  No I don't want to die........ But I...... I've fallen for her......." Austin was sitting on he's bed talking on the phone. "Yes I understand..." he sighed.

         He hanged up the phone. I rushed to my room and jumped in bed. I covered myself with my blanket. I heard my bedroom door creak. "Jean? Are you awake?" I heard some ones voice say. I didn't reply. I heard footsteps coming toward my bed.

          "What do you want Austin?" I asked bitterly. "I just.. wanted to check up on you," he replied. "Thanks for the concern but I am still alive so you can go back to sleep," I spat. He sighed in return. 

        "I can't sleelp. Do you mind if I stay here for a bit?" He asked. I rolled my eyes but gave in. I took the cover off my head and scooted over a bit. He layed down beside me and stared at the ceiling.  "Hey Jean?" 

        "huh?"

        "Do you think it is possible to fall in love with someone after a day or to of meeting them?"  I laid there thinking about his question. Is it possible for someone to fall in love with someone after a day of meeting them. Well there is love at first sight. Also for mates tend to love their mates when they first find them. Like Amias and me. So I guess it's possible.

                "I guess it can happen," I replied. He nodded in reply. We laid there quietly. Not saying a word to each other. I felt uncomfterable with him there laying next to me. 

________

        I can't sleep. I looked at the clock. 3 o'clock. I have been awake.... this whole time.... No matter how hard I try I can't sleep. I looked over to Austin. He was sleeping peacefuly. I was about to get up when he turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. "Crap," i whispered. I used my vampire speed to quickly get out of his grasp and replace myself with a pillow. I put on some shoes and quietly exited the hotel room. I walked outside and decided to go to the park.

        I turned left and walked down the street. My stomach started to growl. Dam. I forgot to eat. Great. Hopefully I can hold off till I get back. 

        "Hey there pretty babe," Great. Just great. I didn't have to turn to know it was a drunk human man. He seems about 20. "I'm talking to you!" He grabbed my arm and turned me around. My eyes quickly went to the guy's neck. I felt my fangs coming out. Dam human. So much for waiting till i get back. I quickly pushed him in to an alley near by. I wasted no time to press him against the wall and bite his neck. I didn't kill him but drink a lot of his blood and erased his memory so he wouldn't remember this. Our mind powers us vampires have only work on humans.

        I quicky fled the alley. I arrived at the park and sat down on the grass. "I saw what you did." I froze. I was seen?! "I know what you are." My heart increased it's speed.  I didn't know what to do. "mahahahahahah!!!" I was confused I turned around to see non other than Amias standing there. 

        "AMIAS! You scared me!"

        "You should have seen your face!!" I rolled my eyes and looked at the stars. "Why are you here?" he asked as he sat beside me. 

        "I couldn't sleep." I responded. "Me too," He replied. 

        I laid down and he did the same. "I can't sleep with out you," He stated."I missed you to much."

        "We just saw each other like 3 hours ago," I chuckled. 

        "Yeah but still," He replied with a blush. I looked at him to catch him starring at me. "What??" He just shook his head. "I'm so glad I have you," he replied. 

        That night I spent it laying there in his arms and looking at the stars.