24

부디

***

I don't know how to respond. After all he's just said, this is how he admits that he loves me. I wanted to scream when he told me to stop calling him James. I wanted to slap him when he'd accused me of seeing someone. He thought I'd have the nerve to do something so shallow and stupid even after everything that had happened ever since the day we met and especially after the past week. And yet here he was, pissed that it doesn't take him being my friend (I guess) for three and a half months to make me forget about Jason. Have I been wrong about him all along? Am I somehow being unreasonable? Have I been taking this the wrong way?

"Mac, that doesn't fix anything," I tell him, unsure of why I've just spoken. He doesn't move. All that is in motion is his light blue irises and they're searching mine for something but I don't know what. It hurts to be in this position. Here we are fighting with one another about some petty subject after all the shit we've been through in just the past day. It makes me angry. This is not only one of my best friends, but also -

"Please listen to me then?" Mac's voice is gentle and sweet, much like the voice he spoke with at Caitlyn's, and it makes me want to melt. My throat closes up and I bite my lip, the skin still a bit swollen from this morning.

"Mac -" His arm reaches forward and his hand closes around my wrist, causing me to stay where I am.

"Cole," he begs. His eyes are wide, pleading. I step backward and feel the ring press into my foot. I resist a grimace. "Please?"

I sigh. "Fine," I say. "Make it quick."

***

Author's Note

So sorry it's been a while, and I'm sorry the chapter is short😭 It's been busy around here. Don't forget to vote and comment or share!💕

Infires,

~ Cara