CONTROL

You're not just any extraordinary human. You're a normal person. Yup, just the average girl with an average quirk. A pathetic soul capable of great, but choosing to force yourself down.

And right now, you're curled up in the corner of the school room, flipping pages in that history book of yours. Idiot, what do you think your doing?

Focus, you tell yourself, keep yourself in order. Don't look.

"馬鹿! Idiot!" Katsuki snatches Midoriya by the collar and gives him a quick snap with his wrist. Midoriya falls to the ground, stumbling around. He backs away as Katsuki steps forward, but soon he finds himself cornered in the back of the room.

"I bet you're hurting yourself on purpose, huh?" Katsuki speaks through his teeth. "You think it's flashy, don't you?" He squats and glares at Midoriya with flaming eyes.

Midoriya puts his hands up and smiles a bit. "Actually, I didn't manifest it 'til recently, that's why-"

"Don't even start, Deku." Katsuki's frown turns into a grin. "You're just asking to get yourself killed, spouting nonsense like that."

You flip through the pages of your book, trying to study, but your eyes continue to wander. How much longer would this go on? UA is meant to refine skills and confidence, not destroy them.

"You should take my advice." Katsuki chuckles and sets his hand aflame. He snatches Midoriya by the hair, drawing him in the smoke. He coughs.

There are a few other boys in the room. They look disturbed at first, but soon they are laughing along with Katsuki. After all, they all have something to dislike about Izuku.

The girls hate his weak personality, while the boys despise him for his quirk being unidentified. He is like one big mystery, and boys don't like surprises.

You, however, are a little less peculiar about things. There isn't anything in particular you dislike about him. I dislike everything, I guess. You frown. He's a nice guy, just not particularly like-able. What does Uraraka see in him?

Regardless, you have to stop his madness. Oh, I'm sorry. Let me correct myself. You have to stop your madness. This could be a great opportunity. Perhaps your only opportunity.

This is your chance to prove that you're not just a book worm. Even if your personality is boring and all-out average, your quirk can make up for it. It's time to remove yourself from the shadows, (Y/N).

You slam your history book down and throw your arms into the air. "Control!"

Katsuki backs away from Midoriya, extinguishing his fire and gripping his chest. The others move out of the aisle, their eyes dashing from Katsuki, to Midoriya, to stiff little you.

You whisper something into the cold air.

Katsuki's whole body begins to shake. His hands reach to his neck, wrapping firmly around with a firm grip. Steam begins to arise from his sizzling neck.

Although everyone is concerned for Katsuki, you keep your eyes on Izuku. He blinks through his watery eyes, sweat accumulating on his chin. He coughs a few times, but he seems to be recovering. You sigh with release.

"Reverse." Your voice is less crazy, more calm.

Katsuki's arms drop like rag dolls by his side. His knock is red and burnt. He takes an angry step toward you, ready to sprint, but his eyes begin to roll and he falls backward onto the splintery wooden floor.

You conceal a smile.

The rest of the boys take a cold look at you. They see your smile. Your pale face. They see the bookworm who had been lurking in the shadows for the past few weeks. The girl who didn't make it passed the preliminary rounds of the tournament.

You may as well have never existed.

"What type of quirk is that?"
"Psycho!"
"She took down Katsuki?"
"Let's get out of here!"

They dash out of the room in one large herd, slamming the door behind them. You chuckle and shove your textbook into your backpack. Guess I'll go home.

You slide open the door. The hallway looks empty. Everyone had already gone home as soon as school ended. Turns out elite schools aren't for smart people. 95% are complete buffalos.

You feel a hand on your shoulder and a chill runs down your spine. You spin around and back away. It had been a long time since someone touched you.

"Midoriya?"

Midoriya stares down at his bandaged arms. You can't see his eyes, and it makes you uncomfortable.

"Umm..." He fidgets with his fingers. "Thank for earlier."

Really, what is wrong with Uraraka? You frown. This guy is a total wimp.

"You're welcome." You pull a quick smile. One that quickly disappears as you walk away.

Your footsteps echo as you walk down the hall. You observe your shoes. They're old. Probably popular about seven years ago. So...plain.

"Wait!" Midoriya's voice was bolder than usual. "まてください!Wait...please!"

You turn around. Your eyes are cold.

"Umm...well..." He clenches his shirt sleeve and winces. His fingers still aren't completely healed.

You smile. Idiot.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you." Midoriya looks up for the first time. His eyes meet with yours. His green hair quivers. "I've wanted to ask you for a while, but I haven't gathered the courage."

"Yes?" Where is he leading with this?

"It's...well..." Midoriya gulps. "What's your name?"