ICE CREAM

You blink.

"I mean, I've been trying to ask you for a while but I haven't found the right moment to. It's kinda pathetic, I know. I should know my own classmate's name. People keep telling me and I keep reading it on papers, but my stupid brain keep forgetting and thenー"

"(L/N) (F/N)."

Midoriya jumps. "Nice to meet you, (F/N)-chan." He bows.

You bite your lip to keep from laughing. "Don't call me that." First name already? This kid has no manners.

He bows repeatedly. "Thank you so much for helping me, (F/N)-san."

You break out in laughter. "That's practically the same thing."

He stares at he ground. "ごめんなさい。I'm sorry."

You smile and turn around. If you don't head home soon enough, your Mom might wonder where you've been. And your mom is not pretty when she's mad.

"Wait up, (F/N)-san!" Midoriya runs up to you, walking at your side.

"Like I said, don't call meー"

"You can call me Deku."

You conceal your smile with a cough. "Deku? As in...worthless?"

Midoriya smiled at the sky. "Not anymore. To me, at least." He laughed. "It's all thanks to Uraraka."

You turn the corner. He follows you. "You're friends with her, aren't you?"

"We're childhood friends."

His eyes light up. "Like me and Kaa-chan!"

"You call Katsuki a friend? He's done nothing but torment you."

Midoriya says nothing after that. He continues to walk by your side, eyeing your bulky backpack. The two of you exit the front gates of UA when he finally brings it up. "Your backpackー"

"I enjoy studying."

He smiles. "Glad I'm not the only one."

You turn left after the gates, and he chases after you, confused. "Where are you going?"

"Home."

"I was going to meet up with Uraraka for ice cream. You should join us."

You smile nervously. "You...and Uraraka." Does he even realize what he's saying?

"Iida will be there too. Come on!" Midoriya grabs your hand and drags you to the other side of the gate. You try to make up excuses, but you eventually give up and go along with it.

Iida will be there, so I won't be ruining a date between them. You grin mischievously. This is my chance to help her out!

"How do you feel about Uraraka-chan?"

"She's super nice." He grins from ear to ear. "I like her."

You frown, unable to tell what his true feelings feelings are. "So you have a crush on her, right?"

"A crush?"

You nod.

Midoriya rubs his forehead. "As in, the orange soda?"

Seriously. You slap your face. This dude is an idiot.

The ice cream shop is a small place by the ocean. The inside is filled with all kinds of people. Rich business men on break, large families, just about everyone you can imagine. Uraraka and Iida are seated in the corner of the room. They smile and wave you over.

"(F/N)-chan!" Uraraka gets up from her seat and wraps you in a tight hug. "You don't usually go places after school."

Midoriya hangs his head low. "(F/N)-san saved me from Katsuki earlier. I don't really know how, that's the problem." He smiles a bit. "I was a bit...out of it."

Iida sits up straighter. "Now that you mention it, I've never seen your quirk before." He leans over. "What was it called again? Control?"

You nod.

Midoriya steps away. "I'll order us some ice cream." He turns to you. "What kind do you like?"

You aren't in the mood for sweets. "I'll pass for today."

Midoriya smiles. "Okay, I'll surprise you!" He shoots off before you can reject.

Uraraka swings her arm around you and walks you to the chair. You sit in front of Midoriya's seat, and she faces Iida. "(F/N)-chan is very secretive about her quirk." She made an intentional sad face. "Even I don't know what it is."

Iida's eyes widen. "You can tell us."

You change the subject. "So what's the deal between Uraraka and Midoriya?"

Iida looks at Uraraka. She shakes her head. "I guess it's not going very well," he says.

You sigh. That stupid Uraraka, always falling for the strangest kids. And what is with this Midoriya dude? Is his hair even naturally green? What's the mystery behind his quirk? How is he smart and stupid at the same time?

If only there was something you could do, something to give them a boost.

Midoriya returns with a container of ice cream cones and passes them out. He hands you a rainbow sherbert, which you never liked, but you gratefully accept it because it's free.

Uraraka doesn't say anything to Midoriya at all. You know is that if you tell Uraraka about what happened earlier, things would be even more awkward than right now. You wait a while for Iida to try to pitch in and start a conversation between the two, but he was enjoying his ice cream far too much.

You have to take matters into your own hands.

You straighten your fingers under the table. "Control," you whisper. Midoriya suddenly drops his ice cream on the table. His body begins to shake, but it's discrete.

"Uraraka," he pauses. "I love you."

"Release," you whisper.

Midoriya stares down at his dropped ice cream. "Huh?" His brows are twisted together.

Uraraka takes a while to reply. Her face is completely red. "Uhhh," she smiles, "Izuku, IーIー"

That's it, Uraraka. Confess!

"Everyone, under the tables." The ice cream attendant shouts through the speakers. "Quick! Kirei Scoops is under attack."

He quickly disappears under the table where the cashier sits. The tables and chairs begin to shake. The window next to Iida and Uraraka shatters.

You drop your rainbow sherbet immediately and duck under the table just like told. The others follow.

The tables begin to shake so hard that they bounce like frogs. Ice cream scoops drop to the floor all over the room. A little girl in the corner began to cry as she clung to her older brother.

Everyone is expecting a huge looking monster to step inside. A villain with a heavy mask, cloaked in black. That's why they were all shocked to see a young teenage boy walk in. He was wearing normal clothes. No mask. No cloak.

The person who is the most surprised? You.

Really, (Y/N)? You don't remember him? It's that kid! That one kid! Ugh, what was his name again?

Killian. You frown. It's been a while.