FAULTY PLAN

You think hard about the decision, but not long. In fact, your mouth shoots Killian a response before your brain has a chance to double-check if it's a good idea. "Deal."

Killian winks. "You help me first."

***

A day has passed and returning to school seems like any other day in class. Nearly everyone falls asleep during the math lesson. I mean, why would you need math to become heroes anyway? Eraser Head puts down the chalk after realizing no one is listening and collapses to the floor in his sleeping bag. Within seconds his eyelids are locked shut.

Killian continues to shoot you glances, prompting you to make the move. You get your hands in position, but a voice from the back of the class catches your attention.

"I heard Killian has a little chemistry going on with (Y/N)." It's Kirishima speaking. He leans back in his seat and chuckles. "Is it true?" His eyes shoot over to yours, and it's the first time you feel like blushing and attacking at the same time. It is also the first time anyone in class has acknowledged you, and for that you feel a little sense of excitement.

Katsuki keeps his eyes locked on you, as if something will go wrong on at any moment. This almost brings you to laugh, remembering how helpless he had been when you stopped him from attacking Midoriya a few weeks ago.

"Well?" Kirishima begins to grow stiff with curiosity. "What's so funny about it?"

Killian stands up from his desk, the legs of the chair scraping against the floor. "(Y/N) and I have a very special relationship." He smiles and glances at you with an evil look in his eyes, as if to say Do it before I change my mind.

You frown at him, wishing you could read that evil brain of his. He only shrugs, as if he can read yours. " Control." You sigh and fling your fingers up under your desk, trying to make it less noticeable that you are using your quirk. Immediately, Katsuki rages up from his desk and storms on over to Uraraka, wrapping his hands firmly around her neck and pulling her up out of her chair by brute force.

"I can't..." Uraraka tries to pry Katsuki's hands off of her, but he only tightens the grip, his hands tightened with rage.

"Uraraka!" Midoriya races up to them. "Kaa-chan! Let her go!"

By now the class is in complete panic. You bite your lip until it bleeds, but you still can't stop yourself from smiling.

That's when Killian steps in. He sweeps in and delivers Katsuki a blow right to the nose. Just like planned, you say, "Release," right as he takes it. Katsuki's grip loosens instantly and he backs into the wall, trying to catch up to the moment. His head dangles on top of his neck, his eyes locked on the ground.

Uraraka nearly falls. Midoriya takes a dive to catch her, but by the time he takes a step she's already in Killian's arms.

"Are you okay?"

Uraraka is breathing heavily, but the words Thank you escape her lips. You see Killian smile.

Katsuki is seething by now. He lifts his head, staring around the room. "What the hell happened?" His eyes narrow on Killian, and you feel a rush of adrenaline swoop through you. You may not care much for Killian anymore, but he's the only chance you have. You did your part, and now you need him alive to keep his end of the deal.

But then something changes. Katsuki's eyes slip right over Killian and he spins, turning to you. "Whatever happened to me just now...I know I've felt it before." Now, everyone is looking in your direction. "Tell me again, (Y/N) what exactly is this quirk of yours?"

You look over at Killian for help, but he is too busy getting Uraraka to come back to life. When she can stand up just fine on her own, he gently swipes her by the arm and leads her down the hall. "I'll take her to the nurse."

You frown. Gee, thanks for the hand...

"That's true," Iida says. "Why are you keeping it a secret from us, (Y/N)-chan?"

The class fills with a ton of chatter over Killian saving Uraraka, and what they think you had to do with it. Katsuki doesn't bring his burning eyes off you, so you peel your eyes away and lock them on your desk, wrapping two tight hands around your ears. You can't take the noise.

"Just leave her alone!"

You look up to see Midoriya at the front of the room. He smiles at you before frowning at the rest of the people in class. "Her and Killian are actually really nice once you get to know him. I mean, Killian just saved Uraraka's life!"

The crowd begins to murmur again. Katsuki doesn't look all that convinced.

***

When the day is over and it's time to head home, you find out Uraraka is still stuck in the nurse's office. You catch up to Midoriya, your heart beginning to pound. "Um...hi." You gulp. "Thanks, you know, for earlier."

"Of course." Midoriya smiles at the ground. "I'm glad Ochako is okay."

Your mind begins to boggle with thoughts. You try to suppress them, because you don't want to believe them. But one thing is for sure: you're mind is right. You lose control over your thought and the realization finally sets in.

This little deal with you and Killian isn't going to work.

"If you help me get Uraraka, I'll make sure Midoriya is yours," Killian had said. But how is your plan supposed to work when Midoriya and Uraraka like each other?

Your eyes narrow as you realize there is only one solution. "One will have to go."

"Huh?" Midoriya asks.

"Oh, nothing." You shake your head, pulling a smile. "Wanna stop for some tea?"