FIRST CRUSH

You have forgotten what it feels like to have a crush. The crazy thoughts that run through your mind. The pain and jumbled up emotions. The flames rushing through your cheeks.

You have forgotten this feeling, because the last time you felt this way was a horrible mistake.

<3 years ago. California, USA>

And so you had fallen in love with a childhood friend of yours.

He was quite the flirt, but that was something you admired about him. He was outgoing. You? Uhh...don't let me start.

The most you could do was romanticize about the day you two would finally get married.

After all, it was an arranged marriage between two families.

"Killian!" you called, chasing him down the sidewalk. He turned around, a smile crossing his face.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

You blushed. He seemed to find that humorous, bursting into laughter. "What do you want?"

You stopped for a moment, not sure why you chased him down. You just wanted to talk to him. I mean, if you're going to get married to someone, you may as well get to know them, right?

Maybe he doesn't care about me, you thought. What if he thinks I'm one of those weird, shy girls? Well, I mean I kinda am. But not if I know people well. If I could only get to know him...

Killian grabbed your hand. "Let me show you something."

The two of you walked down the sidewalk. The warm sunlight shined down on both of your faces. He took you to the center of San Francisco, where the building sky-rocketed into the sky. They looked like giant boards of light.

You stared off into the distance. You had never really admired the city before, since you were there every day. But now that Killian was by your side, you could finally see the beauty.

"You love me, don't you?" Killian let go of your hand and leaned against the nearest building. People passed by frantically, trying to get to places in time.

The two of you stared. It was such a soft and slow moment, even though everyone rushed by shouting into phones, and cars beeped every few moments.

"Yes." You gulped.

"I thought so." Killian smirked. He turned his back to you, gesturing to the scenery. "And to show my gratitude, let me show you something."

He stood there for a while.

"Killian?"

"I'm going to use my quirk."

"Huh?" You stared at the ground. "We're not allowed to use those unless we're in special training. Ours our too...you know..."

"Hah, you think Control is dangerous?" He laughed. "You may as well just have glitter come out of your belly hole." He took a deep breath. "Let me show you something dangerous."

Without warning, the ground began to shake. Pedestrians slowed down, looking around in concern.

It started to shake heavier. You dropped to your knees, gripping the cement. Peeling your head from the ground, you looked up at the silhouette of Killian against the sun. He turned around, smiling at you. Buildings crashed behind him. People screamed and cried and wailed.

"This is what you call a dangerous quirk."

Over 400 people were dead or injured that day, all because of Killian.

And so you made a decision that you would never marry Killian. You would do anything to get away from him.

Even if it meant moving to Japan.

<Current day>

You are leaned against a wall on the side of UA. "What do you want, Killian?"

"Don't you mean Sweetheart?"

You roll your eyes and get ready to walk away.

"Wait!" Killian grabs you by the wrist. His voice is serious. He stares you intensely in the eyes. "There's something I need to tell you."

You wait.

"I know you have a crush on Midoriya." Killian let's go of you, rubbing his forehead. "Honestly, I don't know why you would...that guy is an idiot...but you do."

"What?" You take a step back. "Midoriya? Crush? What?"

"It's okay, sweetie. No need to keep secrets from me. Or yourself." He runs his fingers through his hair. "I know you've had trust issues ever since I rejected you."

"You never rejected me." You frown.

"I know." He winks. "You're gorgeous."

You roll your eyes and begin heading in the direction of the school. Killian continues to talk. "You find yourself around him a lot. Don't exactly know why you bother to hang around him. Find him amusing. Little things like that."

You stop in your tracks. "What are you trying to say?"

He chuckles. You don't turn around. "Sweetheart, I've got the most powerful quirk in UA. You know what I can do." There's a long pause. "I can get you that freckled weirdo. Of course, it comes at a price."

You turn around, giving him a hard stare in the eye. What's going on in Killian's mind?

"Of course, it'll come at a price." He sticks his hands in his blazer, walking toward the front gate.

"I'll give you time to think about your decision."