The Fool

I stood up and got dressed after awhile. I walked outside of my room and looked up and down the hall. "Now which way to the kitchen..." I muttered to myself. "This way." I heard a voice behind me say.

I jumped and turned around to find Sebastian. "Oh hi....Bassy" I said the last part quietly wanting to see how he would react. I felt myself get pushed up against the wall.

Sebastian had his hand on the sides of my head. He looked annoyed. "I must ask your kindly that you avoid calling me that in the future." He said. I smiled sweetly.

"And If I don't?" I asked, almost singing. "I can't guarantee your safety" he sounded almost like he was purring. I ducked under one of his arms.

"Teach me to make a cake!" I yelled. It almost sounded like an order. I saw Sebastian smirk then he lead me to the kitchen. I watched him begin to make the cake. I helped with small things here and there but it seemed I was mostly getting in his way.

At one point I dropped flour on his head. While he was mad he did look cute all covered in the white flour. It seemed like I was really part of this odd family. Mey-rin then came in.

She dropped about 50 plates but Sebastian and I were able to catch them. Well...I only caught one but that still helped! Despite having as much fun as I was having I knew in the back of my mind It wouldn't last forever.

After Sebastian made his cake I tried to make my own. It didn't turn out as good as Sebastians but it wasn't bad! I even got to let Ciel try the cake. He gave me a cold comment about how it wasn't sweet enough and how badly it was presented.

I made a sad face. Ciel then added "But its not bad." I smiled. He set the fork down and asked me to follow him to his study. I nodded and followed behind him.

He sat down in the arm chair. "You will help Mey-rin with her chores for now" he said while leaning forward onto his desk. He rested his arms on the desk. "But first lets play a game." I nodded. "What game?" He waved to a chess board.

"How are you at chess?" he asked and stood up waling to the chess board. "I'm not bad." I said. "But I'm better at card games." Ciel looked at me. I held out a deck of cards.

I shuffled the cards and pulled out a card to show Ciel. The fool. "Is that a threat miss Skye?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

I smiled sweetly and tilted my head slightly. "What do you think? Now lets play!" I dealt the card and the game began.