Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The buzz of my phone vibrating on the

wooden table side next to me shook me awake from a dreamless sleep.

"Ugh." I moaned as I rolled over to silence my phone alarm. It was 5:30 A.M.

I usually wouldn't be getting up this early on a Saturday, but today was a pretty big day for me. I had just been hired for a job on Vans Warped Tour, and I was pretty excited. It wasn't very much, I would only be helping out at the tents that pass out energy drinks to exhausted fans straight out of the mosh pits. But it had been a long time since I'd had a steady job, and I was looking forward to the music side of being on Warped.

I sat up, only to automatically crash back down on the bed behind me. A throbbing headache had broke through my thoughtfulness, and I felt exhausted, even more so then I would normally at 5:30 on a Saturday.

"Why do I feel so bad?" I wondered to myself.

I groaned. The events of the previous night suddenly flooded back to me as I looked down and realized that I was wearing all my clothes, even my shoes were still on. I was yet again witnessing the effects of a wild night of hard partying, an awful hangover.

Finally, I sat up and forced myself out of my mattress of a bed and onto the carpeted floor, where I fished through my drawer until I found a-Tshirt and a pair of cut-off denim shorts to throw on before I went to the Warped tour for kick-off. I knew I was going to look like shit, but there wasn't much I could do since I already felt like it.

After tugging on my Vans, I looked around my small apartment at the whiskey and beer bottles that littered the floor. I rolled my eyes and silently scolded myself. could I honestly have picked a worse night to get drunk?!

My mom and sister were always worrying about my issues with drinking, and I always told them I was fine, but I'll admit that it hadn't been this bad in a long time.

I sighed and pulled a brush through my tangled hair. I looked down at my nearly waist-length brown hair.

"I really need to re-dye my tips..." I mumbled to myself. I had recently dyed the ends of my hair blue, and it was already fading after just a few months.

I quickly wove my hair into a loose braid, and gathered together my bags. I rolled my suitcase out my apartment door and locked it behind me. words almost couldn't describe how excited I was to be leaving my dumpy apartment for an entire summer. I was hoping that the money I received from this job would help me get back on my feet and out of this apartment.

I wheeled my suitcase over to my tiny car and tossed it into the trunk. I started my car and drove it out of the apartment complex parking lot. I couldn't wait to get to my new job.

....