Chapter Ten / Trouble

Keyana

After my meltdown last night with Brandon, I could actually look forward to something. A shopping spree. The last shopping spree was with my daddy, and that was years ago.

I sat up in the bed, realized Brandon was gone, and checked my phone. I saw a text from Jay.

Jay😛: Hey key. You hear about auntie?   
9:45 a.m

Me: Yeah...it was on the news...       10:23 a.m

Right now, I didn't want to talk about her. It was a sensitive subject for me and it hurt to talk about it. I would end up going into another meltdown..

Jay😛: Oh okay. I was making sure. I plan to come down there sometime this week.
10:45 a.m

Me: Alrightie cuz. See u then.
10:45 a.m

I went downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch. I picked up the remote to turn on the TV.

"Hey." I heard a deep voice echo behind me. I almost jumped out of my skin. The remote hit the floor as I almost broke my neck to see who it was. It was Malachi. Malachi was good-looking. He stood at about 6'3" and he had a curly fade. He was darkskinned with brown eyes and he dressed very casual in black Balmain jeans and a white Biggie t-shirt. He wore the latest Jordan retros and he wore a checkered black and white bucket hat, with an all gold chain around his neck.

"Hey. You're Malachi right?" I cocked my head to the side and stared at him.

"Yeah ma. You alright?" He stood with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh okay. And yeah. Um, why are you here?" I asked fully turning my body into the couch.

"Waiting on homie. Where he be?" As soon as he said that, here he comes from the stairs leading into the "man cave". He had a blunt hanging freely from his lips and he was wearing dark jeans and no shirt.

"Wassup G?" He walked over to Malachi and gave him a bro hug followed my a handshake I didn't recognize.

"Just checking in. Ken sent me to check on ole' girl." He stated nodding his head towards me.

"Oh well she good bro. I'll hit her up if some go wrong."

"Ight." They gave each other another bro hug and handshake and he left.

"Why you got on them lil' ass shorts Key?" He walked closer to the couch and questioned me almost like he was jealous.

"I didn't know you had company coming..sorry. I'll go change." As I stood off the couch I could feel her staring at my ass.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He chuckled. I laughed on my way to the stairs.

"Maybe I will. The way you was on me last night, see that ass gonna be mine soon." I turned my whole body towards him.

"Wait what? Uh no we've only known each other for like a week." I said matter of fact while crossing my arms. "And I just couldn't sleep." I can't sleep without some object to hug on. I felt alone and I had less nightmares.

"Ight ma." He laughed lighting the blunt. I continued back up the stairs into my room to change. I was ready to go shopping now. I went straight to the bathroom 'cause I had a strong ass urge to go piss. I squatted over the toilet and released my bodies contents, wiped, and flushed. In the midst of washing my hands, I looked in the mirror. I noticed my hair was still in a matted condition. I tried to finger comb through the kinks but my hair was too thick. I pulled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head and left out of the bathroom. I walked to a bag and pulled out the sweatpants and the cookie monster t-shirt. I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I made sure it was perfectly warm and I stepped inside the steam cloud. I let the almost hot water run down my neck, breasts, and back and down my body. I realized I didn't have any soap or any towels.

"BRAANDOOONNNN!!" I called out as loud as my lungs could get. I didn't get a response so I had to get out and trot my wet ass back downstairs into his man cave. I only had on a towel and it was cool in this house. I saw him sitting on one of the couches playing Xbox.

"I know you heard me nigga." I said agitated that I had to leave the warm shower into the cold.

"You got some nerve calling me a nigga and shit ma, but what's up?" He still had his eyes glued to the television screen.

"I'm soaking wet and you acting like you didn't hear me calling you."

"Wooaaahh ma! You ready to fuck already? Shit you sure you ready for this meat?" He jumped up and looked my up and down.

"Nigga get yo head out the gutter. I was in the shower nasty ass. I need some soap. And shampoo."

"All my shit smell like niggas. And i know you don't wanna smell like a nigga." He raised his eyebrow.

"Nah, I'm good." I lightly stomped back upstairs and turned the shower off. I put all my clothes on. And went right back downstairs in the dirty tennis shoes I had from home.

"Them shoes gotta go." Brandon said as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Hell they all I got what I'm supposed to wear."

"Glad we going to the mall." He grabbed his shirt and threw it over his head while getting​ his keys. I left right behind him and out to his Hummer we went.

***

We are still walking around the mall and we got hella stuff already.

"Damn Keyana! This shit is heavy.." Brandon complained while walking to Bath and body works behind me.

"Thank you though..I really really appreciate this."

"No problem ma. It's just this shit tiring my fuckin' arms out." He said putting​ the heavy bags on the floor. I slow-walked around the store glancing and smelling different lotions, body washes, and perfumes and i found about 23 bottles of perfume, and lotions to take home with me. I walked to the counter and Brandon came up too and paid for my smelly stuff. I loved Bath and Body Works' scents. I walked out of the store and I saw a tall man with a dark suit on and dark loafers walking my way. When he got closer, I realized it was the Detective from the news report about mama.

"Hello. I am Detective Crawford. Would you happen to be Keyana Hall?" He took his dark shades off and held them in his hand while staring me down.

"Yes that is me. What's going on?"

"I need to question you about some information regarding your mother...Tionne Mayfield-Carter."

Fuck...