Chapter Eleven / Trouble Pt. 2

Keyana

I sat in this cold ass interrogation room scared worse than a nigga going to the electric chair. Brandon had to wait outside in the waiting room and I needed some coaching right now. I watched intensely as the detective came into the room and sat across the table from me with two bottles of water. He held one out to me and I took it and took nervous gulps.

"Okay now down to business. What's your full name for the record?"

"Keyana Khari Hall."

"Okay.. Keyana...what is your relationship to Mrs. Tionne?" He wrote everything down on a notepad.

"She is my mother." I answered as calm as I could knowing I'm shaking in my shoes.

"You know she was killed, by five gunshot wounds to her---"

"Yes, yes I know this.." I closed my eyes and tried not to think about the horrible picture sent to me.

"Where were you between the hours of 9:37 and 10:08 p.m on the date of May 24?"

"I was with my friend Brandon."

"Why were you with him?" I wanted so badly to tell him about the beatings and rapings for my runaway...but I can't do it...he might kill me next. I can't lie...I feel guilty as fuck already...why would I lie and feel more guilty?

"Um, I was getting hurt at home." I let the words slide out of my mouth like butter.

"Hurt? How Keyana?" He looked at me with a bit of surprise in his eyes. I thought about it. Was I really going to do this?

"I was beaten with sticks, cords, and even punched and slapped."

"By who?" I stared him straight into the eyes and I began to cry.

"I prefer not to say... please."

"Okay Keyana calm down. Its okay. Now. Do you know somebody by the name Melvin Carter?"

"Yes that's my stepfather."

After about 20 more minutes of questioning, I was ready to go he released me to Brandon and he saw that I had been crying.

"Key you okay? What them pigs do to you?" I shook my head back and forth.

"I told them Brandon...I told them everything.."

"You should have. If they didn't get him I was gonna kill him." He said as we walked out of the police stations doors. I was snapped from my deep thoughts by my phone ringing. It was a private number, so I answered hesitantly.

"He--hello?"

"Your ass is dead when I get out this bitch. I swear on my life." The line went dead. I bursted into tears and I fell to my knees in defeat...

"Jay"

I was just chilling playing IOS games with one of my hoes until I started to receive a phone call from Keyana.

"Yo." I plainly said.

"I gave them Black's name in the investigation...and--"

"The investigation about auntie?" I said slowly. She sounded as if she is scared and crying.

"Yes Jay. Then he called me and said I'm dead when he gets out.." she choked out of the throat.

"Don't worry..there are eyes all over you. Chill." I told her in the most comforting voice I could. I heard it get really quiet then she said something.

"Okay. I will try. I love you Jay."

"I love you too Key." Then I heard the line die out. I stood, went in my room and decided to pack my shit. I'm going with her...

This chapter short as hell...but it's just the ending to the last chapter. Don't be upset..I'll try to update soon loves. Thanks for reading (: