Episode 1: Broken Down Car

Marisol Edison pulled off to the right side of the road in the midnight air of NYC. This was the 5th time this month that her cherished  Mazda 6 broke down. Frustrated, she turned off the car and popped the hood of her car. She grabbed her keys and opened the door, shutting it behind her, and locked it. She walked around to the front of car and sighed, not wanting to bother with the car any more. She slammed the hood shut and groaned. "I can't believe this happening again," she thought to herself. "I guess I should start walking home which happens to be 10 miles from here."  Just then a black Land Rover pulled up in front of her car, causing her to turn around to face the dark tinted Land Rover, its headlights shining in her brown eyes.As she focused her eyes, alongside the vehicle, the back door opened and a smartly dressed man got out, and at first thought he was handsome from what she could tell. "Having car troubles, Miss?" The Handsome Stranger asked as he walked up to her. "Uh, yeah, it won't start. But you don't have to help, I got it." She tells him as she unlocks her car and grabs her purse from the top of the car. "Are you walking home?" He asks, glancing her up and down. "I don't know what's going on with it." She says as she sighs softly. "It's a nice car." He tells her. "Like you know anything about cars, Mr. Suit." She said as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Don't judge a book by its cover, sweetheart." He says as he laughs. "Anyway, don't worry about it. She is a pretty car but the life in her is gone." She says to him. He smiles softly. "At least let me give you a ride home, sweetheart." He tells her, she laughs; he looks at her strangely.

"You're a stranger, you could be a killer." She tells him.

"So could you." He says.

"Seems like we're at an impasse." She says.

"How about this, you tell me your name and I'll tell you mine."

"Marisol Edison. New York City writer."

"Charlie Bennett. CEO."

"Hmm, of Bennett Records."

"That's correct, Miss. Edison."

"What are you doing out so late, Mr. Bennett?"

"Late night at the office. You?"

"Late night at the office."

"Seems like we have a lot in common, Marisol Edison."

"Maybe, we do."

"That means we should go on a date."

"Does it now?"

"It does, so you should give me your number."

"Why should I do that?"

"Let me take you out on date, Marisol Edison."

"Alright, alright. Hand me your phone." She says. and he pulls out his phone from his pocket and hands it to her. She quickly types in her name and number. "There, done." She says. He smiles at her and just then a red Mustang GT pulls up beside Marisol. The driver rolls down the passenger side window, a young woman appears. "Hey, Mari. You ready?" The woman asks. "Yeah, I'm coming, Riley." She smiles at Riley. "Nice meeting you, Charlie Bennett."  She says as she gets into the Mustang. "You too, Marisol Edison." He smiles and waves as they drive off. Later that night when Marisol got home she got into her pajamas and laid down in bed staring up at the ceiling. Just then her iPhone buzzed indicating that she had new message.

Unknown: Hello, Marisol Edison.

             2:02am.

Marisol Edison: I'm guessing this is Charlie Bennett.

                   2:03am.

Unknown: You would be correct.

                   2:04am

Marisol Edison: Score.

               2:05am

Charlie Bennett: How about that date?

             2:06am

Marisol Edison: When?

             2:07am

Charlie Bennett: Tomorrow morning.

         2:08am

Marisol Edison: I have work.

                 2:09am

Charlie Bennett: So do I.

                2:10am

Marisol Edison: Then why in the morning?

               2:11am

Charlie Bennett: You'd get an exclusive interview with the CEO of Bennett Records.

              2:12am

Marisol Edison: On record?

               2:13am.

Charlie Bennett: Of course.

               2:14am

Marisol Edison: Sounds good to me. Good night, Charlie Bennett.

             2:15am

Charlie Bennett: Goodnight, Marisol Edison.

             2:15am