Episode 8: A Night to Remember

Mid morning in New Frontier, and Riley was busying herself with organizing new window displays. It was one of her favourite jobs to do, but the choice of which artworks to put in the window was a difficult decision. Once she completed the task, she thought to herself “time for a tea break” and headed back into the gallery space, past her assistant Hannah. She could tell from the look on her face that there was something bothering her. “Hannah, what’s up?” she asked. “Oh nothing, more to the point what's up with you?” replied Hannah with a question of her own. “This morning you’ve had more on your mind than usual” she continued with a puzzling look on her face. Riley smiled and continued into the back room, “that’s for me to know” she replied. Hannah rolled her eyes, and as she was about to probe Riley for more information the doorbell caught her attention. Defeated, she turned away from Riley and headed over to greet the guests who had started to make their way around the gallery. Whilst making the tea, Riley had a moment to reflect on the previous night. The night that she and Jamie had gone to a Simple Plan concert. He had been on time, and it was the first time that she’d seen him in clothes other than a suit. His relaxed and casual attire made him even more of an interesting person, thought Riley. Throughout the night, they had enjoyed eachother’s company, danced and sang along to the many songs. Even after the concert had finished, Jamie had managed to find a way for Riley to meet the band. It was a moment which Riley will never forget, and how nice it was for Jamie to do that too. They chatted and chatted until the early hours of the morning. Jamie was a true gentleman, which pleased Riley. They exchanged numbers once she arrived back home, and they agreed to see eachother again soon.