Aaron Burr, sir

Okay Aaron, today is the day you meet your new roommates. I thought to myself as I did my breathing exercises. At least James will be there. No, stop. You aren't even technically friends.

Breathing deeply, I walk out of my old room to meet the others. Their names are John, Alexander, Jefferson, James, Lafayette, and Hercules. Lafayette is a self defense teacher, Hercules has a boutique, Jefferson, Alexander, and James work in the same office, and John is a part time artist and works in an animal shelter. I'm in the HR department of James' office building.

Before I can even think about what I'll say, I'm at the new house. Say hello, ask if they have a room picked out, and then leave to unpack. Simple, straight forward. Easy!

I knock on the door. After thirty seconds that felt like an eternity, the door opens.

"A-A-Ron! You're the first here, welcome to your new home," Peggy Schuyler greets as she pulls me into the large house.

"Hey Peggy. Do you have a room specifically for me, or shall I chose my own?" I ask as politely as possible.

"Oh, good question! Follow me," Peggy said.

I followed her to a fair sized room, not too big, not too small. The walls were a dark blue colour, the carpet being beige. There was already a bed frame and mattress, a desk, and a book shelf.

"Tell me if you need help, 'kay Aaron?" Peggy smiled up at me.

I gave a smile and nod in response.

+×÷=Line Break=÷×+

After a couple of hours or so, I was completely settled in. The book case was full of books and had several picture frames with my parents pictures in them. My eyes began to water at the thought of my mom and dad.

Shaking away the thought, I climbed down stairs to meet with the others. The three Schuyler Sisters sat on the sectional. Eliza was in pastel blue pajamas, Angelica wearing a matching pair except red, and Peggy wearing a t-shirt with Pepe the frog on it and grey sweatpants.

On the same sectional was Alex, John, Lafayette, and Hercules. The room on the last of the sectional was limited, so Lafayette was laying on top of the other three boys. Alex had a green hoodie and sweatpants on, John was wearing TMNT pajamas, Herc was wearing a grey muscle shirt and black sweatpants, lastly, Laf was wearing a blue t-shirt that was too big and way too baggy sweatpants.

On the love seat was Jefferson and James. James had a pastel green sweater on with overly baggy jeans, and Jefferson had a magenta sweater on and skinny jeans. James was curled up in a small ball against Jefferson, and buried his head in the taller man's chest.

"Burr, come sit with meme lord!" Peggy shouts over the movie they are all watching.

Laughing and nodding, I step towards Peggy. Walk normally. Okay? Just walk like you always do. I tell myself. The second I thought that, I tripped over a blanket.

"Mon ami, are you okay?" I hear Lafayette ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I laugh out.

I look up and get a sympathetic look from Peggy.

Laying down next to Peggy, I finally notice the movie they're watching.

"Nightmare on Elm Street!?" I shout.

That's the moment it clicks with Angelica, Peggy, and Thomas what they're watching.

"Fuck, Jemmy! I'm so sorry," Thomas says to James.

"I-it really hasn't be-been that bad," lied James. You can see the tears in the small man's eyes from across the room.

"Who's casting the movie?" Shouts Angelica as she covers Eliza's eyes while Peggy covers Eliza's ears.

"Me," says Alex as he is searching for his phone. Eventually, we stopped the movie and let Eliza and James pick a new one. They chose Zootopia.

As I watched the animated bunny safe her fox friends life, I saw that Eliza and James were sleeping.

Thomas looked down at the smaller man and smiled. He then looked at the cane he needed to use with more conflicted eyes.

I stood up and walked over to Thomas and James. "Do you need help getting him back to his own room?" I asked.

Thomas smiled up at me. "Yeah, thanks Burr."

Lifting James up as gently as I could, I carried him up the stairs. I heard the rhythmic steps of Thomas behinh me.

"Can you put him in my room?" He asked.

I look at him for an explanation.

"He has nightmares a lot, no doubt that the movie choice Hamilton has will make it worse. He used to call me or ask for my hoodies when we weren't in the same house," Thomas explained with a gentle smile directed at the precious cargo in my arms.

I nodded and followed Tom to his room. He opened his door for me. His room was around the same size as mine. The walls were maroon and had the same carpet as me. His bed was against the far wall, directly across from the door, his book case was centered across from the closet door. The desk was in the corner next to the door. All of his books were organized by colour, and so were his clothing.

"OCD," he says.

"What?"

"I have OCD, in case you were confused about the organisation and furniture."

"Oh," I say as I place James on the purple bed sheets, "good night, Thomas."

"Good night, Aaron," he says as he climbs into the bed, pulling James closer to him.

This was a chapter establishing some of the characters personalities.

Dedicated to usaminpower.

Wear your seatbelts!

Jemmy out!