8

⋆ The Patterns⋆ word count: 3965

The Patterns
word count: 3965

Juno and Stiles both sat next to each other at the police station. He had begged her to join him on working out a pattern of the latest killings. Despite Juno's many arguments, she gave in to his constant whining and irresistible puppy dog eyes he gave her. Stiles definitely didn't need Juno's help on working things out about the past few murders, but for the past few days, it felt odd to not have her by his side.

The two stayed silent as they waited for Ashley, the girlfriend of the recently murdered boy, to be released from questioning. Juno sighed as she leaned back in her seat, growing bored of waiting for this girl she didn't know. Stiles looked over at Juno and smirked. After discovering her being a Vampire he would take every opportunity to use puns, and make pop culture references just to tease her, so noticing her boredom, he decided to entertain her.

"So, you and your brother are obviously pretty rich from living for seven hundred years right?" Stiles began.

Juno eyed him suspiciously, "I guess so, why do you bring this up?" Her eyes widened as she noticed his smirk turning into a grin. Juno clasped her hands together as she begged, "Stiles don't-"

"So do you keep all your money in the blood bank?" Stiles then began to crack up in laughter, while Juno rolled her eyes and sighed, looking away from Stiles so he didn't notice the small smile forming on her face. His puns and references were never funny, but she couldn't help but find his laughter adorable.

She shook her head and looked over at Stiles who was still cooling off from his 'hilarious' joke and shook her head. "You'll never give up on those unfunny jokes will you?"

"Not until I run out. As long as I can continue to think of hilarious jokes, I will use them no matter what the situation," Stiles said with pride. The two then jumped in their seat as the door to the questioning room burst out. Ashley was escorted out by one of the officers, looking at the ground so her blonde locks covered her mascara stained cheeks. Juno took in a deep breath as she readied herself for the awkward question Stiles would ask her.

The two got up and asked to speak with Ashley alone. She looked up at Stiles oddly and waited for him to talk. "What I'm about to ask is going to sound super insensitive so just keep that in mind," Stiles began. Juno nervously stood next to Stiles, and put on a heartwarming smile on her face to make Ashley more comfortable. "Was Kyle a virgin?" Stiles asked.

Juno was about to speak up once she spotted the sudden anger appear in Ashley's eyes, but she was stopped when Ashley slapped Stiles' face as hard as she could. Juno cringed as Stiles cried out in pain. The rings on Ashley's fingers left dents in Stiles' skin, and there was a defined, red mark in the shape of her hand on his left cheek. The officer that brought her out of the room placed her hands on Ashley's shoulders and began to escort her away.