11

⋆  The Bus   ⋆ word count: 3561

  The Bus  
word count: 3561

Stiles huffed while staring at the back of Juno's head, watching her laugh at whatever totally stupid joke Isaac had made. Leaning back in his seat, he folded his arms and continued to glare at her while she enjoyed herself. Scott, let out a pained chuckle upon noticing his jealous best friend.

"You could have sat next to her, you know I wouldn't mind," Scott spoke lowly, taking deep breaths as he clutched his abdomen; trying to stand the pain of the Alpha injury that he still hadn't recovered from.

"Yeah well you're not feeling better, I couldn't just leave you to sit on your own," Stiles sighed. "Besides, her crazy superpowers make her know how I feel, and she's given me no sign that she feels the same so I'd rather not endure that awkwardness when she knows everything I'm feeling..."

Scott's eyes widened, "I don't know if I should be shocked by the fact that you just admitted to liking her, or at her being able to feel your emotions."

"May as well admit it since she knows," Stiles huffed. He winced slightly as Juno began to howl with laughter, slapping her hand down on her thigh and playfully pushing Isaac at yet another one of his not even well thought out jokes, with absolutely no punchline.

Juno and Isaac's laughter both ceased as Coach Finstock blared his whistle in their faces.

"Christ Clarke, the boy isn't that funny!" Coach snarled, "keep it down you two, this is a little bus." Stiles grinned and sent Coach a thumbs up, causing the man to simply glare at Stiles, making him sink low in his seat.

Juno and Isaac both caught their breath and exhaled deeply in sync, causing them to giggle even more. Stiles rolled his eyes as he increasingly became fed up with the two in front of him. He leaned is elbows on the back of Juno and Isaac's seat and stuck his head in between the two.

"Hi, yeah, you heard Coach: this is a little bus," He interrupted, a hint of annoyance in his tone. Isaac flashed a grin filled with cockiness, while Juno's smile fell as she could feel the jealousy in her gut.

"Yeah, no worries. Sorry," she apologised, corners of her mouth curving upwards slightly as her eyes connected with Stiles'. Whatever negativity he felt against her previously was now gone. Juno noticed, as she felt warmth fill her body, but of course, that may not have been just Stiles' emotions.

"C-cool," Stiles stuttered as he quickly sat back in his seat, cursing under his breath about being 'whipped' as he said. Scott chuckled, but his laughter was soon followed by silent coughing.

Coach groaned, "oh McCall, not you too!"

Scott cleared his throat, "no Coach, I'm okay!" He called out, his voice raspy and pained, although Coach still took his word.