The Detective pt 1

• Dedicated to God Brother

Dedicated to my real life God Brother, who is not dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm glad that you all can rejoin me in closing this case." 

That sentence instantly set the mood, as Cole stared at the twenty guest that had been at the party. He wiped his brow and looked at them with a careful eye, calculating and secretly judging all of their strengths and weaknesses. 

"Why do we need to be here if we know that they are only a few suspects?" A guest asked.

"You never know." 

Cole reached for his knapsack and revealed a file. He opened it and his eyes moved swiftly across the page, not missing any detail. Finally, he was ready to present his case.

"Now that I have looked over the case, I know who the murder is."

A hearty chuckle erupted from the back of the room and a man's voice sounded. 

"Might not say that mate. Who knows, may he'll murder you next!" 

Cole let out a little chuckle and then point the policemen who were guarding the doorway. 

"I don't think he'll be able to do it so easily." 

Cole then took a deep breath and looked at the file, while he managed to piece and repiece the evidence to arrive at the conclusion that he kept reaching all the time. This must be it, this is the truth.

"Let's recap this case, shall we?"

"Last week, on Sunday, the owner of this fine estate, Yale Briggs, was found dead in his private study. The cause of death was Blunt Force Trauma to the left of the head. His back was facing the culprit when the fatal blow occurred. Rigor Mortis suggest that he was killed at 9:00 P.M." 

"Luckily, the victim had a security camera installed outside his door. Unfortunately, there was a blackout and it knocked out the camera for fifteen minutes while the murder was taken place. We've taken the liberty of recording when the victim entered his study to when he was found, which was one hour. I would like the suspects to step foward."

Nervously, three people creeped forward and stood side by side to face the fifteen year old detective.  Cole took a good look at the suspects in general and took notes on their appearance.

The first was wearing a giant blue overall, with bare skin to show at the shoulders. His greasy brown hair seemed to have twisted and swirled in every direction, adorned with various trinkets like a pencil and pieces of paper. A name tag on the overall said "Vince."

The second person was a middle aged lady, who seemed royally ticked off about being a suspect in a murder case. She had a lovely white dress which reached down to her knees with designer shoes. She had a lovely face which showed her beauty. 

The third person seemed more like a ball of flesh. His clothes, which were a standard for business men, could hold one person in each pants leg. He took his right hand and wiped his brow, which showed a Rolex watch.  

"So we entered his study around the time of the murder." The woman started, a strong European accent apparent. "That doesn't prove that I killed him."

"The evidence might say otherwise." 

"What evidence have you collected so far detective?" The business man inquired.

"Well, let's start off with the murder weapon." Cole took out a file and read from it. "It was a wrench. Said wrench was owned by Mr. Vageroviks other there."