The Detective pt 2

"For a plumber, he sure did have a potty mouth."

"Yeah. I really think swearing is just overrated."

"Like that time when that guy stole you juice box when you were eight?"

"H-hey! That was one time."

Cole smiled as the voice suddenly got nervous. He walked through the streets of his neighbourhood. He took a deep breath. He could smell it was Atlanta. It was a pleasant smell.

He walked over past the small patch of flowers in Ms. Haynatch's yard. He walked straight past her, intent on talking to the person on the phone. 

"So, you returning home?"

"Yeah, turning in for the night, or day. I can't work for a while, gotta clear my head."

"I know, this job can get you tired."

He had turned into the house,err- apartment. There were two doors, one on the right and one on the left. He walked to the right of the two doors, and found something was peculiar. 

The door was ajar.

He took a stance, ending the call with a quick "Talk to you later, Sasha."

He placed the phone in his pocket and kicked down the door. He ran inside. If it was a burgular, he would be in for a fight. He walked in the living room. He checked the corner and couch, and behind the TV. Nothing.

He then slowly descended down into the basement. He took a flashlight. He quickly turned it on. It flickered around the room and across the cellar. He searched and searched.

He found nothing.

He walked back upstairs and looked in the kitchen. He was looking in the cupboards, when shuffling was heard behing him. He quicly took a knife from the cupboard and threw it behind him.

Good News: It wasn't a burgular.

Bad News: He narrowly missed hitting a rat. 

Cole pulled a knife out of the floor board.

"Dang. Now not only do I have a burglar, I have rats too." 

He returned the knife to the knife block when he heard a couple of sounds.

*Gurgle*

*Splash*

*Thud* 

*Splash*

He suddenly had his thoughts about the noise. What if someone came to his house to drown someone in his tub to commit a crime and frame him?

Woah Cole. Don't panic. Your a Crime Scene Investigator, not a Creative Story Idiot. 

He re-pulled the knife and walked carefully up the stairs, up to one of the two bathrooms. He chose the first one. He kicked down the door, again, and threw the knife.

It sliced through the shower curtain and into the tub. He moved the curtain.

A knife was sticking into the tub.

Cole had a 'sweat drop' moment.

"Okay, maybe not so macho when I reach the next bathroom."

He removed the knife and (safely!) placed it in his back pocket. He walked to the next bathroom.

The way the house was built, the next bathroom would be perpendicular to his bedroom door. 

That meant that if the killer somehow managed to slip past Cole in the door way, he would have to make a ways down before turning to escape.

By then, Cole would have taken the knife and throw it at him/her. 

He entered his bedroom. A mess clothes and junk, but it wasn't as bad as some of the other male bachelor's. He turned right and walked to the bathroom. 

He stayed behind the door, and he listened.

*Splash

*Bubble

*Splash

'This person is really taking long to drown.' he thought.

He counted to three.

1- He waited with bated breath.

2-Sweat rolled down his face.

3-His hand went back to make sure the knife was there, and incase he needs a quick throw.

Foot met door, hard.

And what Cole saw wasn't something he'd expect at all.