Six

Jazmyn

Saturday, 6:14 pm

"How long do we have to be down here?" Jaxon asks.

"I'm not sure. I don't exactly know what we're supposed to do." Frankie answers.

"Well, the note said we can't call anybody so there's no way to get help. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens."

"But-" Ariana starts to say something but stops, covering everything on her face, except for her eyes, with her blanket.

"What's wrong, Ari?" Justin asks her.

Ariana shakes her head, curling into an even smaller ball in Justin's lap. She's just scared. A lot more scared than the rest of us.

"So we have to wait?" Jaxon asks.

"I guess. Just until we get another note." Justin says.

"What makes you so sure we're going to get one?" I ask.

"I have no idea." Justin strokes Ariana's hair and we all focus our attention on the TV, which wasn't loud at all.

Justin

7:58 pm

Ariana was asleep in my lap, and Jaxon had his head in Jazmyn's lap. He was knocked out. Those of us who were awake were starving, but no one wanted to go upstairs and get food. We actually weren't interested in the upstairs portion of the house at all, until Frankie started hearing noises.

"I think someone's in the house." Jazmyn says.

"Yeah. Us." I reply.

She rolls her eyes at me, pointing to the ceiling to indicate that she meant upstairs.

"I knew that." I tell her.

"I'm sure you did." I stick my tongue out at her and she does the same thing.

We continue doing this until there's a loud thud from upstairs.

I look at Frankie and Jazmyn looks at both of us.

"Jazmyn, take your Jax into the bathroom. Ariana wake up." I stand Ariana up and she opens her eyes slightly.

"Justin, what are you doing?" She whines.

"Go into the bathroom, lock the door and get in the bathtub. Don't open the door unless it's me or your brother." I turn her around and she walks into the bathroom.

I wait until the lock clicks to turn to Frankie.

"There's two doors into the basement." He says.

"And you didn't think to mention this earlier?" 

"Sorry. I totally forgot about it. I'll go lock it now." Frankie runs down the basement hallway and comes back about two seconds later.

"The doors is open. Whoever is in the house is in the basement." He says quickly.

"Oh my God." I run up the basement stairs and unlock the door.

Frankie is not far behind me, but as soon as I open the door, I see a man in the living room. He turns and looks at us, and I don't wait one second before running upstairs.

Ariana

8:03 pm

"How long are we supposed to stay in here? It's not comfortable." Jaxon asks.

"I don't know, Jax." Jazmyn hugs her brother and I pull my blanket tighter around me.

"We can't stay in here forever, just waiting for them to come back." I say.