III: Naruto

うずまきナルト
Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto was not a hero.

Well, that was what he thought. However, it clashed horribly with the villagers' opinion.

"It's him! The Hero!"

He sighed as he thought it over once more. As he thought, his cerulean eyes averted themselves to the pavement, his lips were forming a grim line, and his hair was being carried by the gentle fingers of the wind. In that moment, he had been too distracted in his thoughts to pay attention to the bright weather.

Why me? He thought. Why am I a hero to them?

That question bugged him, for most of his life. As he grew up, he was surrounded by congratulations, praises, and cheers. The attention was always on him, and it was always to say,

"The Hero is here!"

He had to bite back a scowl at that.

Because in no way was he a hero. He hadn't done anything to deserve the title.

It may seem as though he were being over-dramatic, but in his opinion, he wasn't. Why live a life being viewed as a hero, when you haven't done anything? He knew there were people out there (deprived of what he had, underprivileged) who wanted the life he had--to be viewed as a savior--but he couldn't stick with these lies.

I'm not a hero.

I'm just a boy.

He was a hero because he was the Kyuubi container, holder of Kurama, the Nine-Tailed Fox. All of this, because he was forced to hold a beast inside him.

He never wanted this--he never wanted the beast.

He was just a baby when his former parents decided, and he had no say. The beast was sealed inside him, and he had no choice. In return, he got his fame.

But he wanted something better than that.

My dream, he thought. Is to be seen as who I am.

Because when he steps into the room, when all eyes focus on him, when all the attention is on him,

He is just the Kyuubi container, and nothing more.

Did his parents leave him to be this?

He is congratulated, praised, and cheered for. He is told he is a miracle. He is told he is their savior. But their words aren't meant for him, they're meant for what he has to serve to be--a cage for a merciless beast.

He shook his head at that thought and turned back to the door, before anyone could notice him. As his limbs moved unconsciously, the thoughts kept bugging him. He tried to block them out, but they were caged in his skull as the beast trapped inside him--with no way out, only to remind him of what he was.

Not who.

He closed the door--he closed it on the village, on the people, and on the praises--and walked back to where he once was.

A sudden thought emerged from the dark pits of his mind. It flourished throughout his head, coursing through his bloodstream, screaming to him what he once said:

I am not the Kyuubi Container.

I'm Naruto Uzumaki.

'..."...'

He was seen as a hero in their eyes,

But in his eyes, he was no hero.

But he would do what he could to change that.

'..."...'

Hello! This is strannyy (aka 2_SHENANIGANS) here. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to leave any comments. Anyways, thanks for reading!

I swear sometimes I can't even compete with strannyy!!

What do you think will happen? How would team seven be brought together?

Stay tuned, potato is out!!

(Not) promotion! If you enjoy this story give this account, me our separate accounts follow, so we can see love! ( russian_us-potato and 2_SHENAIGANS )

hope your Monday is good!! lots of love.