V: Sakura

春野サクラ
Sakura Haruno

Oh, how she hated these naive little brats.

They know nothing of death, and true pain, she thought. Well...maybe except the Uchiha. His brother, Itachi-san did kill his whole clan.

As Sakura Haruno glared at the sensei. But a burning sensation was digging into the side of her head. So she looked at her side, and she saw the younger Uchiha, younger brother of Itachi-san.

So she gave him a heated glare. 'Boi, watchu lookin' at.' (Haha. If you are in The savage writers cult on kik with, el, Lexi, sen, etc then you'll get it. Or if you read 'I love yoo' on WEBTOON)

As she turned away, she felt his burning gaze smolder and increase. She sighed heavily--wasn't that look supposed to make him stop looking at her like she was crazy? He was doing the exact opposite.

At one point, she thought that maybe, if things were different, she'd have liked him. But after seeing those fangirls obsess over him like a piece of meat (why would they want to devote that much time to a simple boy?), and her parents' death, she learned that

This world is not a place for little girls to fawn over men, to goof around, to be so naive, or to be so ignorant.

And so she stopped caring about boys. She stopped caring about looks, makeup, clothes. It was all playtime for children, and though she was a child, she figured that giving up those simple things would make it easier to live in this world--

A world where no one goes unscathed.

But you've already been scratched, haven't you?

'..."...'

To her, class was boring. She'd expected something different, something much more complex. Everything taught there was what she already had ingrained in her head.

The books--she already read them.

The math--she already studied them.

The language--she already learned it.

Everything was so simple. Too simple.

The sensei had stated that it was a good thing she picked things up so easily. He stated he saw potential in her. But potential to be what? She didn't know, and neither did he.

It seemed as though her life was at a slow part. She yearned for books, but everything at the Academy bored her, and everything at her house was read twice--

Well, except for that teen novel her parents got her for her birthday.

But why waste time on such a fantasy?

On something that isn't real?

She sighed and gazed at the textbooks given once more. The sensei stated that the entire class would study the first unit for the first few weeks--she knew it would be a bore, because she'd already known about the unit.

So she flipped a chunk of papers to the side and started reading another page. Already read that..

That one too...

Wait, this one?

On that page, there was a diagram of all the kanji used for a certain performance Sakura did not know about. For the first time, she hadn't known about it.

What is this?

She read the text on the paper, but all it gave was a mere description: Here's an example of the ancient language developed by our ancestors! You can compare it to our current writing system to see how much has changed. As you can see, the characters...

No, she concluded. There was more to this diagram of kanji than just a mere example of ancient texts. It meant something, and she had yet to find it out.

But as she flipped onto the next page, she found that a new topic started. The kanji diagram left as quick as it came.

I wonder...

What did it mean? Why was it arranged that way?

She wanted to know. The curiosity was burning in her, as brightly as it had done many years ago.

But after searching through the book for a single clue (for the entire class period, until the sensei yelled at her to go to lunch because he wanted to eat alone), she found nothing.

She sighed and threw herself against the back of her chair.

Maybe that novel will do some good.

Mondays....ugh..  but hopefully this made your Monday better!!^^

Karmellya out~