Chapter 5 - The other side of Isobel

Note: I feel I should add a date, I don't know if I already have but I don't think so so I'll just make one up now. :) 

---

The next morning by Providence Airport

The next morning Isobel agreed that it was probably best if we left, though I didn't think she fully understood how long I was intending on staying away for, to be completely honest, neither did I.

"We're not going to back to London Izzy." I replied, getting frustrated with Isobel.

"Yes we are." She said, calmly.

"No we're not. It's too close, no one would ever hide that close! They'll find us within days." 

"Yes we are. Like you said, no one would ever thing we'd hide that close, they'll look further away." I smiled in realization.

"So we hide right under their noses? Yes! See, this is why I keep you around." I joked, though there was truth in my words, she always thought of the things I missed. "London it is then."

Isobel nodded before walking in towards the airport entrance, I followed. She compelled all the needed people to let us on the flight, it wasn't long before we were sitting in comfortable first class seats on our way back to London.

It was quite an early flight for a Sunday so there wasn't anyone else in first class, just Isobel and I as well as the attendants going back and forth. It wasn't until now I noticed how tired Isobel looked, she'd been using a lot of compulsion, which was fine most of the time as long as you had a healthy batch of blood.

"Izzy, when was the last time you had a drink?" She knew what I meant by drink. Counting days in my head it had to be coming up to a week, though she did have enough for a day in her backpack... Which had been left behind along with all our other stuff.

"Umm. I can't remember, I feel fine." She added hastily.

"Don't lie to me Isobel Pendragon." I said in a stern tone. "How long?"

"Four days...." She mumbled. I looked at her disapprovingly. I knew a place in London where she might be able to top up but it would be seven hours before we even landed. You could let her.... No, you can't.... It'd only be a tiny bit, no one would know.

I could let her have some of my blood but it wouldn't be good for me, for numerous reasons... But I had to think like a protector now, do what was best for Isobel.

"You need blood."

"I'll be fine, don't fuss." Isobel whispered, acting as if she was trying to sleep. Through the new bond we had I knew she was wide awake - calm, but alert - definitely not in a mood for sleeping.

"Stop pretending to sleep." I snapped, "You're not getting out of this. You need blood now." I thrust out my wrist gesturing for her to bite it. Isobel widened her eyes when she realized what I wanted her to do.

"No Clara, I can't take your blood!" She hissed.

"It's a long time before we arrive and even longer until we can get you somewhere safer, I can't have you passing out on me." When we arrived I'd need her to use more compulsion, she wouldn't be of much use like this.

"But then you'll be weak!" Even as she said it the urge for blood already had her biting me.

Biting someone's wrist instead of their neck wasn't ideal but we had to be discreet. I felt the sharp point of her fangs piercing the skin of my right forearm but the pain was soon replaced by joy and happiness. That's what a vampire bite did. If you were giving blood by choice, the endorphin would give you an amazing high, it was like a drug, I couldn't be sure if it was the same for Neoqui since no one lived to tell you. That was the first step in becoming an addict, being a blood addict was something that would bring shame to you. When a Dhampir because a blood addict they gave up being a protector, but many women - and a few men - did it anyway.