Chapter 2

In the cafeteria, everyone had to sit with their union, so of coarse, I was completely alone, "that's great," I thought sarcastically. To be fair, I normally don't talk to anyone at lunch anyway, but at least I sat with other people so that I didn't look lonely. Walking down the noisy cafeteria, I saw the superior's table, follower's table, eternity's table, and so on. The superiors are probably talking about football and makeup, I bet the followers are obsessing over how great Sabrina's hair looks today, and the eternities are most likely doing their homework, and tomorrow's homework, and the next day's homework, then when they are done, they'll probably have their noses in a pile of books. I wear makeup, but I don't enjoy having hour-long conversations on whether to use the "urban decay" palette, or the "galaxy chic" palette, so being a superior is out of the question. I guess I've gossiped before, but I didn't notice immediately, when Ashley cut two inches off her hair, so I guess I'm not a professional follower. I really thought I would be an eternity though, I'm pretty quiet, I would consider myself to be pretty nice, (although I may be bias,) and I like reading, I may not do may homework three days in advance, or visit the library every morning, but I thought I would still qualify, I guess not, maybe I could sit with them anyway, here goes nothing. I walk over to an empty seat at the eternity table, where a bunch of my old friends are sitting. "Hey! Juliet! I didn't know you were an eternity!" Mackenzie said in a fake-happy voice. "Actually... I'm not, but I thought I could sit with you guys anyway," I replied. Mackenzie's pretend smile faded, into a raging expression of disgust, "I don't think so Juliet, the sign says  'eternities only," she said as she pointed to a piece of paper at the front of the table. "Come on guys, we're still friends," I protested. Mackenzie looked around the table full of people who used to be my friends, but no one stuck up for me. "Or not, I get it," I said as I walked away, back to a table that wasn't reserved for a stupid Union, where I could be alone.