Chapter 8

Pharell's POV
"I love her." I pulled my hair in frustration. He stared me as if I had told him I wanted to be a rock star. "How can you love a piece of garbage like that slut? Don't you see she is using you, for your wealth." I felt anger wash over me as I I took a step closer towards him. "Her name is Jasmine and I intend to change her last name from Talaso to Ryan," I angrily seethed through my teeth.
He stared daggers at me with so much spite I hardly recognised him. "Over my dead body, she is a no good, worthless goldigger who waves her hole for every key-" That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. We were standing on a balcony. I saw red as he continued hurling insults to the love of my life. "I will deport her to the hell hole she came from for a good price. I see why you fancy her; she is gorgeous but not worth it to be your wife."
I swung a punch towards his jaw and was surprised by my own strength he fell to the ground. I thought he was pretending so I just stood there waiting for him to recuperate. When he didn't, I squatted to examine him. Panicking, I moved my shaking fingers towards the pulse on his neck. He was dead.

I woke up with a start. You would think having had the same nightmare for years, you would find a way to sleep through it. I checked the alarm clock, 6:00 am. I had slept for two hours. After Mrs Parole introduced herself as Sammy's foster mom, (I had spent the better part of that night teasing her using that particular short form), we had told her everything. From the night I met Li down to the stabbing incident and the part where she got killed by her "dad". All along there were questions and uuuhs and aaaahs. No one got tired as I recounted the tale. There was laughter as I told them of the legendary punch. Meg insisted I teach her to throw one for self defence. We had ended up heading down stairs for a snack since everyone claimed to be hungry. Picking my jacket to leave, Mrs Parole held me back saying it was a bad neighbourhood. Meg had laughed at this while Samantha or well Sammy smiled. As I suspected, she just wanted me to stay over. Plus if indeed someone was watching me, I couldn't leave yet. I had bid them goodnight as Sammy led me to the room I'd sleep in. She had been scowling at me all night while she shot death glares at her sister and mom. If only looks could kill, poor her. Chuckling at this I went out of the room to look for a bathroom to freshen up.

Samantha's POV
When the water droplets made contact with my body, I felt relaxed. My sleeping pills had been in the room Pharell was sleeping in so I couldn't access them. I couldn't let him see how fragile and vulnerable I was under this hard shell. At a young age I had been diagnosed with depression. I had been a crying machine before then and when I had become a member of this new family, I vowed never to cry. I shut off all my emotions untill I was numb. I didn't cry when the army brought news of Mr Parole, my foster dad, that he had died serving the country. I didn't even shed a tear when the doctor diagnosed my foster mom, the only person who had loved me, with lung cancer. So when I got a phone call requesting my presence in the hospital because they had found me as the only living relative of my sister, I didn't even flinch. Then I heard she was dead. It didn't make sense how she died, Pharell had said she was targeted. Then it hit me. Being an emotionless cold person won't lessen the pain I have been through. After seeing how much Pharell cared for my sister, I wanted it back. I wanted to feel again. I had then offered to buy him coffee as he told me about her. My sister and I had been very close, in fact we were inseparable. But after the incident, it just changed everything. She ended up hating me and I ended up hating myself. I was not worth anyone's love. I wished I was the one dead, it wouldn't be the first time.

Meg's room was next to the bathroom. The girl was a sucker for Justin Bieber. The song as long as you love me could be heard from the shower. I reduced the water pressure and took the soap in my hand and did what no one knew I could do; I rapped.

I don't know if this makes sense but your my haleluhya, give a time or place I run it through I beat you there girl you know I got you, us trust s couple of things I can't spell without 'u'...
Picking up the tempo and immensely enjoying my hidden talent, I let myself continue Big Sean's rap part.
They say sky is the limit I say sky is the point of view, now we stepping in like 'wow' cameras point at you ask me what's my best side...
I suddenly stopped when I heard some sort of movement within the bathroom. Panicking that maybe Lindsay's killer had seen me with Pharell, I increased the shower pressure to make whoever was in the room oblivious that I was aware of their presence. I reached out for a towel only to discover that it was outside the shower area. Damn it! My heartbeat accelerated as I drew the shower covers. I was pretty sure that none of my family members would be awake at this ungodly hour. Meg slept with music on, mom always slept in, Pharell would be tired to wake up at the crack of dawn... I yanked the covers ensuring that they covered my naked body. My eyes met four others staring at me while chuckling, Meg and Pharell. How long had they been there? Had they heard me rap? My cheeks flushed and I quickly returned to the safety of my shower pulling the covers back. Cackles of laughter broke out.
"Dang big sissy you have a talent! I didn't know taking a piss at 6:00 am in the morning has its advantages." I heard Meg say in between her laughter.
"Seriously Samantha, you should consider switching careers," came Pharell's voice.
Embarrassment overwhelmed me and I could feel my blush deepen. I had wanted to feel, but not embarrassment! What the hell was happening to me?
Aggravated I threw soap over the railings hoping it would hit someone.
"Get out of the freaking bathroom!"
I heard stumbling as they rushed out of the bathroom. The downstairs bathroom had to be fixed soon.