Chapter 15

Third person's POV
Brian Gitsburgh looked over at his boss confused. He had already assessed the situation per hand, it was obvious, they were under a terrorist attack. He turned in the direction where the field detectives were vacating analysts and office cleaners from the headquarter building. Within minutes, the area around the building didn't contain any civilians, just the female terrorist, field detectives, SWAT, bomb squad and wait what were they still doing here? Brian went over to Pharell who was busy arguing with one of the detectives in the front line.
"Sir I'm telling you you need to back up, actually you need to go home, this is a terrorist attack-" The poor detective was cut off mid sentence.
"This is not a terrorist attack, I know this woman, her name is Samantha, the only reason she is standing there strapped in a bomb is because she has some sort of message for me and I can prove it if you would just let me through." Pharell told him desperately. Brian nodded at the detective who sighed and went back to his position among the rest of his colleagues. Pharell noticed Brian approaching him and turned his pleas to him instead.
"Brian, this is another person about to fall victim under Richard's ploy of sick message-" Brian quirked his eyebrows and asked, "Richard? Richard Ferra?"
Pharell quickly dismissed this and told him he will explain later.
"If she is shot down as a terrorist threat, the blood will be on your hands detective." Brian could tell he cared for this particular woman but if what he was saying was true, he couldn't overlook it.

Brian went over to where Chief Barrister stood. He was the commander in charge of this operation and he was known for the number of cases he had put to bed over the years, he would know what to do with this information. After Brian repeated Pharell's words to his boss, he watched him keenly as he stroked his goatee deep in his thoughts.
"Do you believe him?" He asked Brian. Brian paused for a while before answering, one wrong move and he would kiss his career goodbye. He ended up nodding his head, that is all the Chief had needed. He raised his megaphone and spoke through it.
"Let this Pharell pass through to the woman, this is no longer a terrorist situation but a hostage one, the woman being the hostage if and only if this man can prove it. If we see any threat signs we won't hesitate to shoot to kill."
Pharell grimly nodded and walked past the barrier set by the SWAT team and detectives in front of the headquarters building. Brian spotted a red light from higher ground and saw snipers positioned at the top of near by buildings. Brian closed his eyes and said a prayer to whichever higher being out there, both his life and career were on the line.

Pharell's POV
I nodded grimly when the man with the megaphone stopped talking. His words were not to be taken lightly but I knew for a fact that Samantha was not a terrorist. She was a corporate monstrosity who laughed as if she was going through seizure, snored in her sleep and rapped in the shower. I couldn't let another Terrance twin die, not if I could help it. I was almost where she was standing. Her hazel eyes were bloodshot and puffy, she had been crying. She was shaking uncontrollably. I was about to reach out to her when I heard guns cocking. Right, I had to prove she was not a terrorist and I wasn't conspiring with her to bring down the FBI headquarters. I smiled weakly at her and called out her name.
"Samantha? Please if you have a message for me, give it to me."
Her eyes raised from the ground, she hadn't even acknowledge my presence. She was so frightened.
I'll kill that bastard with my own bare hands! Samantha brought out her hand towards me and opened it shakingly. She tried to speak but all that cane out was a squeak. This was all my fault.
I thought as I saw how weak she was.

I turned slowly towards the police and raised my hands showing off the piece of paper. The man with the megaphone nodded and called off the men who in turn lowered their guns. Suddenly loud beeping came from where Samantha was standing. Looking closely, it came from the bomb that was strapped around her torso. The numbers were small but I could make them out. It was in the form of hours, minutes and seconds. I felt my heart tighten, twenty minutes.

Samantha started shaking uncontrollably, she had understood the beeping sound.
"P-please Pharell I'm scared, h-help me." The way she said those words wanted me to tear the bomb from her upper body and put it on mine. This was a woman who perfectly hid her emotions. How dare Richard make her so vulnerable? I knew I had to think fast.
"Its going to be okay Samantha. The bomb squad is here, they'll defuse it. Its going to be over soon okay? Trust me, you won't die."
She nodded her head. I quickly retreated back to where detective Brian was standing. I noticed Meg hadn't left and I wasn't going to ask her to, she wouldn't leave her sister. She was currently conversing quietly with detective David who was assuring her everything was going to be okay. I assumed she had already told them who she was and why she hadn't left the scene.
"Tell the bomb squad to defuse that bomb right now, its an automatic self timer and it reads twenty minutes." I said hurriedly my eyes darting between detective Brian and the megaphone guy calling the shots. They briefly looked at each other and motioned the bomb squad to approach Samantha. I was about to follow suit but was held back by detective Brian. I complied, not wanting to interfere with the experts.
My heart fell when I saw the bomb squad retreat a little bit too soon for my liking.
"What's wrong Philip?" Brian asked.
Philip, the leader of the team scratched his head with a look of defeat
"Sir, its impossible to defuse this  bomb."