Three

Mom reached out for the phone. It had stopped ringing now. Seconds later the call came on again and mom could see the caller, it was registered as "Swt♥ ". Mom rushed over to the counter immediately and slid it into her hands. She was thankful. Mom then walked back to our table.

Just as she was about sitting down, Aunt Nkay's husband walked in. The kids screamed in delight and rushed over to hug their dad. Mom stood up and walked towards him.
"Oh hi!" she smiled "You were asking for directions?" she asked.
"How?" he replied confused
"You had called earlier, I mean like two minutes ago" mum explained
He shook his head and chuckled "I never called, I already knew you were here" he said. "Did she say that?" he asked again apparently lost on why mum would think he had called.
"Uhm No! Actually I assumed it was you" Mum replied.

He was a very nice, quiet and simple man, and for a second,  mom thought about the possibility of her best friend cheating on her husband. She shook it off, there was no chance!!

Then who could she have registered his number in such romantic way?  Mum wondered.

Maybe family?
Or could the person be a she?

It was a possibility mom chose and believed. Aunt Nkay was too decent to stoop that low. Mum was angry with herself for ever thinking negatively of her friend. She really wanted to tell her about this little stupidity but shoved it away. She didn't want anything that will ruin their beautiful friendship.