Bonus Chapter

Mom stormed into her office the next day for a rough confrontation.

Hear Her defence:

"You always told me how good he was. His kindness, meekness, gentleness and all. You said he was perfect,  those were your own words. You said all these good things about him always that l began to fancy him.

Here I am saddled with a husband whom I don't share any interest and similarities with. To people he was meek and humble but in our home, he was a raging lion. He was an abuser and my love for him faded.
You always extolled your husband's great qualities and I just lost control.

I'm so sorry, I know what I've done is unforgivable but just find a place in your heart to forgive me"

Mom stood up quietly and stared very hard at her for sometime. Mom wanted to curse her, her generations and all those moments they shared together as friends, but she held back. She turned to leave her shameful presence but then again,  thought to herself "I wouldn't bear grudges. I needed a free mind, I am better than she would ever be!"

Mom turned around to face her, a wryly smile on her face. She carefully removed her shades, the first time she had done that in public.

"Thank you for this experience. I must admit it was once beautiful, alluring but now sad. You've made me a stronger person and have given me my life back. He was my husband this morning but is free to be your lover now. It's just simple, good riddance to bad rubbish. Have a repentant life" Mom added. 

She turned to leave but beheld numerous eyeballs staring pitifully at her. She felt the urge to wear her shades again, to hide her numerous scars but then realised it was no longer necessary. She had found her voice and would bear the scar with pride.

She survived violence!!!!