My Twin Sister Is Dead And Now She Haunts Me

I looked over at my identical twin and I urgently yell at her, "Come on! Let's just go before we get caught!" Both mine and Isabella's blue eyes connect while our shiny black hair continued to whip around our young twelve year-old faces.

"Oh shut up you big baby! Nothing bad is going to happen, nobody can get us." She exclaimed, leading me deeper through the woods to the old creepy house. Looking back, I can clearly see our house through the trees, but still, I was deathly frightened.

Softly, I whimpered to myself.

"Fine! Go! Especially if you're just going to be a big baby over it. I'll just tell everyone about how you got scared and ran away like a cry baby." Isabella threatened.

"I'm not a baby!" I said in defeat, having her smile in return as she maintains to lead the way towards the house.

"Let's get inside! Come on!" She said excitedly as we reached the haunted house.

I looked around me for any signs of any paranormal activity or simply anything that we attack us from behind before we dared to make an entrance inside the little house.

Peering around, I found the place extremely spooky with its unlimited light and the numerous spider webs handing around. All in all, it sent a vibrated shiver up my narrow spine.

"Wow this is so cool! But it's too dark. How come here is candle's everywhere, but no matches?" She let the question linger for a moment before rushing out, "Let's look for some." My sister went to look on a shelf and other various places.

"Ouch! Crap, watch it over here Gin', I just got my foot stuck in a hole in the floor." Weird.

"First off, it's Ginger not Gin' and second off, I don't even want to be here, let alone go over there so don't worry about me." I said and I rested myself next to the door in case for whatever reason, we had to leave.

"Oh my goodness! I found some! Now let's light this joint!" I saw the box of matches in her hand and looked at her cautiously as she took one out and lit one of the white candles.

"You know we aren't allowed to play with matches. Mom says we could burn ourselves." I reminded her.

However, she just looked at me funny before rolling her eyes.

Something just happened to catch my eye while she was busying herself being a rebel.

"Uhhhh Izzy!! There is a web on fire!" I practically screamed out.

Isabella looked behind her. "Its fine, it won't spread or anything."

Wanting to prove her wrong, it started to spread; in minutes, it was all over the white plastered walls and onto the roof.

I felt my lungs gasping for air. I could barely breathe because of the smoke.

"Let's get out of here!" I shouted.

"Ok for once I'm agreeing with you! RUN!" She hollered with a scared expression upon her face.

"OUCH!" She yelled even louder.

"Come on!!! What happened?!" I shouted the question at her.

"My foot got stuck! GO! I'll be out in a small second!" She tried to wave me on.

"No, I can wait! Come on!!" I told her, rushing her slightly.

"NO! GO!" She screamed.

One look back at her and I ran out and towards our house. I stole a glance behind from me to see the roof had collapsed on top the house, taking my sister with it.

I couldn't look any more and tore my gaze away with tears brimming in my eyes and ran back to my house to tell my parents...

**

~~~~ 3 yrs. Later~~~

"You know, that Kellan kid looks kind of cute, maybe you can go with him..." My mom murmured.

"No mom, I'm not going to the dance. I want to stay home, end of discussion." I declared as we sat in the middle of traffic, making our way home from my exhausting school day.

"Why? You need to get out, have some fun, I mean, ever since the...accident...you haven't been you." I drew in a gasp of air and looked at my mom in complete disbelief.

"Well seeing that it's basically my fault she's dead, and now that I'm 16, and very mature, I'M NOT GOING TO LIKE THAT STUFF ANYMORE!" I raged.

She cringed into her seat. "Ok, ok. I was just saying..." She sighed and directed her attention towards the road.

"Whatever..." I replied snippy.

I got into my backpack and got out my prize possession, my iPod. I turned the volume all the way up, and ignored the entire outside world, and thought about the day where I basically left me sister in death's hands...

I concentrated on how she looked when I last saw here. I knew I should've stayed! God! Can I not do anything right in my life? And; to top it off, my parents act like it never even happened!