Hattie's POV

"Petal, come here! Stay away from the forest!" I screeched at Petal who had sneakily walked to the forest edge without any cat's notice.

"Yeah Petal, why do you not listen to what Hattie says? There are dangerous cats who live there that line their nests with our bones!" hollered Storm, Petal's friend.

"I don't think that is true! Why would any cat do that?" Petal mewed as she came back, her tail trailing behind her. She was obviously sad that once again, her attempts to go into the forest had failed.

I sighed. She definitely had clan blood in her. Before I could figure out a good reply, our housefolk yelled for us.

"It's time to eat!"I yowled to Petal and her littermates Rock and Mist, the case forgotten.

"But I don't want to eat! The food looks like rabbit droppings! And it tastes like nothing!" complained Petal.

I was getting annoyed. This was how everyday went. Rock and Mist were good, obedient young cats but Petal, was another story.
As I was ushering Petal inside, I spied a jet-black tom and a gray tom just at the forest's edge watching Petal intently with interest. I was hardly surprised. She was a very pretty light gray she-cat with darker gray spots scattered across her back. She was lean and looked a lot like her mother. Her eyes were a deep, but light blue and she was very sneaky. Just like that clan cat, Dovestar.

I shuddered and hoped they didn't see resemblance.

"Is everything okay?" Asked Petal, looking back at me eith worry.

"What? Oh yeah, everything is just fine. Just go inside."

Petal had a hint of suspicion in her blue eyes but did not respond and obediently went back to the twoleg den without a word.