Chapter 19

LAURA'S POV
"WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!" someone yells at me while shaking me around. Ughhh, every morning.
"Go away Jimin... Or Namjoon... Whoever this is." I murmur without opening my eyes.
"Surprise, surprise! It's neither. Thank the lord your awake, I've been tormenting you for half an hour and you haven't moved a muscle!" The person says in an energetic voice. I notice it's a female speaking. I open my eyes to see Emily.
"What do you want?" I ask as I rub my eyes.
"You have a lesson with me and Kookie today, remember? Hurry up in getting dressed and stuff, you woke up too late." She said as she exited my room. I groaned loudly as I dragged myself out of bed. I went to my closet, which had more clothes than at the begining, but was still mostly empty. I put on the gray, oversized t-shirt that Namjoon gave me the first day and some black shorts. I didn't really give a shit about anything today (even less my clothes) because I was so fucking tired. I had no clue what time it was, but it was definitely earlier than when I usually woke up. I put my hair in a bun and banged on my door.
       "I'M DONE!" I yell. I've gotten used to this morning routine. I wake up, get ready in my room, bang on my door till someone opens it, they tie me up, and drag me downstairs by the hair to do whatever I had to do. Emily walked back in.
     "Namjoon's shirt? Hm..." She said as she eyed my outfit. "Something goin' on in that department?" She asks. I scoff.
      "No! He just gave it to me the first day I was here. Whatever, let's just go." I say. Instead of tying me, she just held my wrists and guided me downstairs. What? That's a first...
      Jungkook was already downstairs wearing what looked like pajamas, shorts and a T-shirt, with wet hair. He was stuffing a waffle in his face as fast as humanly possible. "Damn, what's the rush?" Emily asked was chuckling. He looked up.
      "Hey. Is she ready?" He asked with his mouth full, glancing at me.
      "Yeah, I am. No one ever told me about your lesson, what are we doing today?" I asked. I wasn't gonna let Emily answer for me when I was right here. The couple smiled at each other mischievously with my question. I suddenly got worried.
      "All the members are helping out with this one. Basically, you're gonna start outside. We're doing a drill of the actual mission, but don't worry, we'll go easy on you." He explained. Shit. "Here's the basics. J-Hope is acting as your dad, to test your lying skills. You have to get him to believe you genuinely just want to talk to him to let you in the house. We don't know for sure if it's true, but were pretending that there are more people in the house. Yoongi is going to play as William's new wife, Jimin and V are they're children. Jin and Namjoon are the bodyguards, I don't know, in case your dad lives in a really big mansion and hired people or something like that. Me and Emily are your backup." He said. I cringed and started laughing at they're rolls. Emily too.
      "We chose the parts they play. Jin would've been the wife/mom, but I couldn't separate Sope, and I wannted Namjin to be together too, and Vmin... So it all worked out that way." She said.
      "You ship the members together?" I ask.
      "Hell yes! It's adorable!" Emily exclaims. I laugh again.
      "Anyway, so here's how this is supposed to go:" Jungkook says. "You go to the door, 'your father' opens it. Your excuse is that you've been doing all kinds of research on him ever since he left and you figured out he was back in the U.S. You hired professionals to help you find him and you got his address, because that's how much you wanted to see your dad again." He explains. I nod. "That is your lie test. If J-Hope decides it sounds believable enough, he'll let you in. He will lead you to the living room to chat. That's where you meet 'his wife' or 'your stepmom'. You have to pretend your shocked and crap. Make this seem realistic. Then the two little kids will run downstairs and you meet your half brothers. You have to get them all to trust you and your intentions. Your objective is to shoot and kill everyone in the house, even the little ones. You leave no wittnesses. That's your gun test, to see how you handle your weapon. Then, the bodyguards will come, but you have 'run out of bullets', which leaves you with straight up combat. That's your strength test. Once you wipe out and kill all of them, you clean up your mess, another test. But then, OH NO! The cops arrive at the house, who are going to be played by everyone besides me and Kookie. You need to get out of the house without getting caught by the police, which is your stealth test. We will be around for backup if you really screw up, but try not to."
      I went over the plan in my head, it was a lot to remember. I nodded. "Okay, I think I got it." I said.
      "Good. Here is your nerf gun, use it as a real one. If you shoot someone, they'll take a bottle of fake blood out and pour it around, which is what your cleaning up." Emily explains. She hands me a bag with cleaning material in it, along with a walkie-talkie. "This is if you really need back up, you click this little button to contact me and Jungkook." I smile. This was going to be pretty cool. They guide me outside. Outside, with no ropes on me. I could run away right now... I could go home....
      I shook the thoughts out of my head. It wouldn't work, they were probably armed right now, and they were both probably fast runners....
      "Don't even think about running. We're armed and Kookie can run fast as shit." Emily said. Wow. Just as I thought. I walked up to the door. I looked back and they both gave me thumbs up. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. J-Hope, I mean, my dad, opened the door.
      He gasped. "Is it really you?" He says over dramatically. I burst out laughing.
      "For someone who is teaching me how to lie your a terrible actor." I say.
      "It's your test, not mine. Start again." He said. He shut the door non me and I rang the bell again.
      He gasped again. "Is it really you!?" He asked.
      This was going to be so embarrassing. "D-dad?" I stuttered as I tried to hold in my laughter. J-Hope's face got tight. He was holding it in too, I could tell.
      "Laura, it's been so long... How did you find me?" He asked, trying his best to be serious.
      I recalled the story Emily and Jungkook told me to tell him. "Ever since you left, I've been trying to keep track of you. I've done research for years, just trying to figure out where you've been, why you left..." I let my voice trail off. I took a deep, shaky breath to stop myself myself from breaking character. "I hired a professional team of investigators to help me find you, they found out that you came back to the U.S and found your new address here in Florida." J-Hope nodded.
      "I never knew you would work so hard to find me, I'm sorry I caused you all this trouble." He said.
      I clenched my jaw. "You caused much more than this...." I thought I was doing pretty great so far. My 'father' cleared his throat, taking it more seriously this time.
      "Come inside, we have so much to catch up on." Well that was quick. I followed him inside the house and looked around in awe even though I already did that the first day we were here. He closed the door behind him, leaving Emily and Jungkook outside. He looked down at my bag. "What's in there?"
      "Nothing, just my inhaler and a water bottle. My asthma has gotten worse over the years." I said. The part about my asthma was true.
      He nodded. "I see. How is your mom, and Lucas?"
      He was asking some good questions. When we both started taking it seriously it felt more real. "Terrible. Lucas is seriously depressed and mom is an alcoholic. Thanks to you..." I said with some attitude.
      "I'm sorry. Why don't you come to the living room?" He said as we walked to the sitting area. When we went in, I saw Yoongi wearing a wig and some makeup and jewelry. Me and J-Hope both held our breath till our faces got red.