XIV.

______"And you took me in your arms and said, "I wanna see the whole world" and so we did

______
"And you took me in your arms and said, "I wanna see the whole world" and so we did."
______

XIV.
It's fairytale love.

Harrison tapped his fork against his glass as he stood up at the table and adjusted his coat. He cleared his throat as he tapped his glass some more before everyone else's voices had quieted down and all eyes were on him. He set down his fork before starting to speak. "Its truly an honor to be the best man." Harrison started. "They say that once in your lifetime, someone comes along whom you're absolutely meant to be with--"

Tom cut Harrison off, "--Wait, isn't this your best man speech from mine and Aspen's wedding?"

"Well, not exactly. I changed the names from "Tom and Aspen" to "Tom and Rose."" Harrison said. "No, no, I'm kidding. I totally wrote a new speech, I just thought I'd pretend to use my old speech."

"Alright, take a seat, best man. Let the people who actually prepared a speech take the wheel." Daisy said as she stood up and held up her glass.

"Five months prior to this, my best friend Rose had been on a wild goose chase for some guy that she met at Bloomingdales five years ago. She had told me countless times exactly what happened that night, in great detail. She told me all about the black gloves, the restaurant, the ice skating, the questions. And, finally, the dollar bill and the book. She was so set on finding him, so convinced that he was the one. Now, five years later, I realize she was right. And I've never seen a pair of human beings more perfect for each other than these two newlyweds.

I've seen the way they look at each other, the way they act around one another, heard the way they talk about each other, and, trust me, they're meant to be. What these two have, it's fairytale love. And, if true love does exist, that's exactly what they have and I'm so happy they found it with each other." Daisy finished as she raised her glass and took a sip of her champagne.

Rose got up out of her seat at the table and hugged her friend as everyone at the table started smiling and clapping and cheering. A few tears spilled out of Rose's eyes as she thanked Daisy before they sat back down. Harrison then stood up again and held his glass up.

"Okay. Time for my actual speech." He said. "Before I start, I'm going to quote a book that, five months ago, Tom made me flip through and read multiple times after he found it. "Their eyes met and they stared together at each other, alone in space." That is one of the many underlined quotes in Rose Mitchell's--soon to be Holland's--copy of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I chose this quote to quote because I feel that this perfectly describes this pair of newlyweds. If you've ever seen the way they look at each other, they aren't even here, they're worlds away. These two are perfect for each other and I'm glad that they finally found each other after all this time apart."

Everyone at the table began clapping and cheering again as Harrison say back down next to Daisy. "I think I got more applause than you." Daisy said jokingly when Harrison sat down. "No way, it's an equal amount of applause."

"You just don't want to admit that my speech was way better than yours." Daisy teased.

"Bullshit, mine was definitely better. I even quoted The Great Gatsby and you and I both know that that book is a vital object in their whole story and relationship." Harrison defended himself.

"And you couldn't have chose a better quote? I mean, what kind of quote is that to quote during your best man speech?" Daisy questioned.

Tom and Rose started eavesdropping on Daisy and Harrison's conversation. They laughed to themselves about their bickering and when Daisy and Harrison noticed, they stopped arguing and stared at the couple with furrowed brows.

"Ah, young love." Tom said sarcastically.

"Aww, how cute. Young love is always so adorable." Rose joked.

"I'm older than both of you." Daisy said in her defense.

"You're also my best friend, meaning I can tease you whenever I so please." Rose shot back.

______

The rest of the rehearsal dinner dragged on and, after the speeches, everyone was pretty much done with the whole thing. Tom and Rose said their goodbyes and thanked everyone that came once it was over. The couple then took a taxi back to their apartment. Once they got to their apartment, they changed out of their clothes from their reversal dinner and into some comfy clothes before cuddling on their couch and turning Netflix on on their TV. They flipped through some of the categories and movie titles before finally deciding to finish Friends for their third time together.

They were on the episode where Ross is getting married for the second time and he accidentally says "Rachel" instead of "Emily" at the altar. Which, probably wasn't the best episode for them to be watching, as, it only made Rose's faint anxieties of the wedding grow even more. She kept thinking about everything that went wrong in Ross' wedding and kept thinking that it could happen in their wedding and of all the other things that could possibly go wrong.

Tom could tell that Rose was anxious, not because we was doing any of her usual anxious habits. Such as fiddling with her necklace or picking at her nail polish, he could tell by the way she balled some of his shirt up in her fist. Whenever they were laying together or cuddling and Rose was anxious, she'd always ball some of his shirt up in her fist. He always thought it was kind of cute, but he also knew that when she did it, he needed to comfort her or talk to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tom asked Rose as he looked down at her.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Rose said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"I know that something's wrong, babe, what is it?" Tom asked again.

"I feel like I talk about it too much and like it's getting annoying, that's why I don't wanna talk about it." Rose admitted.

"Is it about the wedding?" Tom asked.

"Yeah," Rose said as she started messing with her necklace chain. "I, just, keep thinking of everything that could go wrong, everything that could happen, all of it just gives me anxiety."

"Look, baby, nothing's gonna go wrong, nothing's gonna happen. I promise. It's like what Daisy said in her speech, what we have is fairytale love, what we have is movie love, and nothing bad ever happens to the people in movies once they find who they're meant to be with." Tom said. "So, nothing's going to happen to us, nothing's gonna go wrong. I promise."

"You're wonderful." Rose said as she stated up at Tom with complete admiration. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." Tom argued.

"No, I love you way more." Rose said with a big smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Are you sure about that?" Tom asked as he moved his hands down to Rose's waist and started tickling her sides, causing her to burst out in laughter. He kept tickling her more and more, no matter how many times she begged him to stop. Rose started laughing hysterically and had to start gasping for air. Eventually, he stopped tickling her and Rose started to giggle instead of full on laugh.

"I hate you," Rose said between giggles and with a huge smile still stuck on her face.

"I love you too." Tom said as he leaned his head down to kiss Rose.

a/n
another kind of short chapter but with some cute ass molland moments,, you're welcome lol. I still feel like it's low key bad that most of the molland moments are actually stuff that's happened with me and my bf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯