the loop, peculiars, hollows? (1)

"jake and enoch have something to share with you all" miss peregrine beamed, the wrinkles on her face evident.

enoch and jake looked at each other. their love was still strong, even after being together for such a long period of time. being in their twenties didn't stop them from being completely and utterly sappy for each other. "me and jake want you to meet evelyn" enoch said, stepping back to let evelyn walk through.

"you've adopted?" emma squealed, hand over her mouth. jake nodded, the smile on his face becoming wider. "that's great but how? the loop, peculiars, hollows?" bronwyn questioned, studying evelyn. bronwyn had payed most attention to her eyes.

"she's peculiar, just like us" enoch stated. "show them what you can do, ev"

and so the small seven year old girl looked down, clenching her fists. she stretched her arm out, delicately tapping her fingers up and down. small droplets collected, falling from each of her fingertips. she grabbed milliard's empty cup and rest her hand atop of it, showing everyone the cup full of fresh water that she'd created, afterwards.

"i can make water come out of my hands, gallons in seconds if need be. it's all fresh water from the amazon rainforest. i was held as a study object for scientists in need of solutions for drought"

olive's eyes widened. "scientists tested on you? that's awful!" she sighed, frowning heavily.

horace looked at olive and nodded towards her hands, as he leant back into the arm chair he was sat in. olive crouched down in front of evelyn and lit up a small fire in her hands. evelyn let water fall from her hand, extinguishing olive's flames in seconds.

"that's amazing" claire marvelled in amazement, whilst bronwyn silently agreed, taking in the new peculiars ability.

"welcome to your new home. tonight's the best night of the week. because on sunday we have a movie night. we also have chocolate bars and sweets. come sit next to us!" fiona smiled, patting the space between her, hugh and claire. evelyn giggled and sat down.

jake looked at enoch and smiled, taking his hand and holding on tightly.