the loop, peculiars, hollows? (2)

"can you show me your peculiarities too?" evelyn questioned, sitting up straight.

hugh nodded over towards fiona, smiling. fiona grew a flower, holding it up into the air. hugh opened his mouth and let a bee fly out. the bee had pollinated the flower.

evelyn gasped, clapping and giggling. claire lifted up her hair and her second mouth began to chomp on air. her second mouth smiled afterwards, as claire turned around to wave at evelyn. millard's peculiarity was self explanatory, so horace went on to explain his own. bronwyn lifted up the sofa that emma and olive were sat on.

olive lit a fire in her hands, blowing it out slowly whilst smiling at evelyn.

of course evelyn already knew about jake and enoch's peculiarities. and so the little girl with the peculiarity of water looked over to emma. she frowned and tilted her head. "you're very pretty. but not peculiar?" she wondered, sighing to herself.

emma laughed, beginning to take off her heavy shoes. "why thank you, evelyn. but no normal person can just enter a loop" she continued, sliding her feet out of her boots.

"they have to be peculiar. just like us"

and with that sentence, emma was delicately rising up to the ceiling. she caught onto the sofa with her feet, gripping her toes around the leather. "you see, i have the peculiarity of not only being as light as a feather; but i can also manipulate air"

horace was smiling when he realised that evelyn was looking at emma in awe.

"that's amazing. you're amazing, all of you! thank you for welcoming me, everyone" the little girl smiled, a droplet of water from her finger landing quickly on fiona's nose.

"and you, miss bloom, are a princess."

emma was laughing.