12. twelve

chapter twelve• 12
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter twelve• 12↠ ↠ ↠

"hope,"
•••

Logan and Charles pushed the doors open to the Xavier Mansion.

"Ah!" Charles grabbed his lower back. "No!" Charles fell and Natalie quickly grabbed him and sat him down on the bottom step.

"What? What's happening? Can't he walk?" Logan asked with confusion.

"He needs his treatment," Hank rushed.

"I – I can hear them!" Charles groaned. "Natalie! Help me!"

"I'm right here! Hank go!" Natalie ordered. Hank ran off. Charles covered his ears with his hands, he was in agony.

"Natalie, please," He looked at her, pleading.

"Hey! Hey! Stop, pull yourself together man," Logan said.

Charles huffed. "You don't believe that,"

"How do you know?" Logan questioned.

"As these go," Charles patted his leg. "This," He puts two fingers to his temple. "Comes back. They all come back," He groaned and placed his hands over his ears again. Natalie placed her hand on his lower back, and tried to ease some of the pain, but it was almost too unbearable for him.

"I can only do so much, Charlie." Natalie started digging her nails into Charles' lower back, her nails contain a temporary paralysis poison which she uses to help paralyse his pain. Hank came back with the treatment, Natalie looked at him, reluctant to give it to Charles.

"Look, you're still here," Logan started, Charles began to take off his jacket. "She's still out there. We need your help Charles. They need you." Charles rolled up his sleeve. "We can't find Raven, not without your powers," Natalie looked over at Logan, then Charles.

"I added a little extra, because you missed a dose." Hank huffed, he handed Natalie the syringe and she looked at it, then Charles tightened his sleeve and tapped his skin, and Natalie looked at him. Pleading with her eyes. He took the syringe and placed it on his skin. He looked at all of them, thinking of his options.
He took a big breath then placed it on the ground.

"Hank, can you do me a favour please. Would you help me to my study please?" Charles sighed. Hank nodded and proceeded to lift Charles up, Natalie stood up and help him into the room. Natalie opened the cupboard door.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked.

"Absolutely not," Charles sighed.

In front of them, lied Charles Wheelchair.

•••

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan asked the group. Charles wheeled himself towards the Cerebro with Hank, Logan and Natalie behind him.