Runaway

Andy's Point of view:

I lay in my bed thinking of all the things Claire's been saying to me lately. I died in a dream she had, she says she's not good enough for me, and she's becoming a wreck. I can't stand seeing her like this.

I pulled the blanket off myself and spread out on my bed in the dark. I covered my eyes with my hands and felt a tear run down my temple. I sat up and rubbed my face. Maybe I'm not good enough for her. She's so amazing and I can't let her go but I feel like I should. After all that's what she wants.

I got up from my bed and slowly walked into Claire's room to see that she was still awake.

"Baby..."

I whispered sitting at the end of her bed.

"Andy, I am so sorry."

She said approaching me quickly and wrapping her small arms around me.

"I didn't mean anything I've said these last few days I'm just stressed, I love you and I'm sorry for it all you have to understand me!"

She exclaimed as she began to cry.

I came her to let her go. But now I'm finding myself unable to.

"Pack your stuff."

I said in a serious tone.

"What?"

Claire looked confused.

"We're running away. You and me. We're leaving as soon as you're packed."

I said standing up.

"What are you talking about Andy?!"

She said throwing her arms in the air.

"We're running away and getting married and starting a family far away from your classmates and all the damage this place has done to us."

I replied kissing Claire's hands.

"Andy we can't just pack up and leave! What about Ben?"

She asked.

"We'll write him a note or-or something I dunno but we'll see him again just not now. We need to go Claire! To a place where we can be happy."

I whispered the last sentence.

Her eyes filled with tears and she kissed me. She cupped my face in her hands and pulled away.

"I love you, Andrew Dennis Biersack. I love you."

She said with a sincere smile.

"I love you too, Claire Alyssa Biersack."

I smirked.

Claire's eyes filled wit teas when I called her a Biersack.

"I'll pack my bags, and write to Ben. And we'll be gone before morning."

She whispered.

I went back into my room and packed everything I could take or that I'd need.

Claire's Point of view:

Andy was going crazy. He wanted to run away together but where would we go? I didn't have money and as far as I know Andy didn't have too much, I mean, he has a job that pays him well but I doubt it's enough to run away and start a life together.

I packed all my things and took out a piece of paper and a black pen.

Dear Ben,
this may sound crazy, but it's not. Andy and I are in love. And we're running away together. We want to leave all our problems and pain behind and the only way to do that is to leave this house. Where everything has happened. Where the doors were broken down and the fights, the crying, and the pain all took place. You are NOT a reason we left. We both love you and we'll call you as soon as we can, but for now it's about Andy and I. I'm so sorry if we hurt you but we're going to be okay. I promise. We plan on getting married! And having kids! We don't want to raise a family in this painful place. The area here is awful as well, so many peers to judge my decisions, and so many girls to steal Andy from me. And I can't have that. I love you and so does Andy, we'll talk soon. But not now.

The note said.

Several minutes after I wrote the note Andy came into my room with his bags.

"Are you ready darling?"

He asked.

I nodded and we walked downstairs. I placed the note on the counter and taped it down so it wouldn't fly away.

-Claire and Andy

Andy added at the end of the note with a marker.

We grabbed our bags off the floor and took one last look at the house before loading up Andy's trunk and driving away.

I watched as we passed by all the dimly lit streets, and dark houses, and empty playgrounds out the passenger window. So long, Springhill, the town I moved to at the age of 6, and lived with my parents. And then moved a couple blocks away from them with one of my best friends, Ben Davis. My big brother. I loved this town. It was home. And I didn't want to say goodbye. It was a see you later because I knew I was going to come back.

"Now leaving Springhill."

A sign read.

I closed my eyes as we passed the sign and were now in the next town over. It's been silent between Andy and I since he asked me if I was ready to leave. Of course I wasn't. But it was for the two of us. Andy and I against the world. I grabbed Andy's hand since it was resting between our seats. I held his hand.

"Where are we going?"

I asked him.

"Waterbrooke."

Andy replied.

"Why Waterbrook?"

I asked.

"It's where I live. I bought an apartment there but I left it because of my parents. They were rude to me and would take my money when I lived with them and then I moved out and they broke into my house and took more of my money. And then I had them arrested for robbery."

Andy said.

"Then why'd you move out if your parents are in jail?"

I asked.

"Because I had a crush on you. Ben showed me a photo of you and I couldn't stop thinking of that beautiful girl, you. I'd have fantasies about you and even though we're together I still have them all the time. I love you. And I thought that if I didn't move in with Ben I'd never meet you."

Andy replied.

I squeezed his hand.

"I love you too."

I replied.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep in the car.