Chapter 5

(A'mei POV)

*2 days later*

I was now at the hospital with Mia and she was now stable. She had suffered from trauma to her head and her lower abdomen was swollen and started bleeding. They rushed her into the ER and stopped the bleeding in time. I wish I could have went back there, but due to how close we were I couldn't mix that into my job. If anything happened to her, that would be on my conscious. I knew once things would get out of hand I would be the one in charge of what was happening to her. I was currently in her room watching her sleep. Mia didn't like hospitals at all. Any time she would have a bad cold or anything serious was wrong with her, she would call me and I would give her medication options and she would be better the following day. Mia had to be dying in order for her to even step foot into a hospital. Unfortunately, this was a life or death situation so she had no choice but to go and stay on my command." What are you thinking about?" Mia asked, slightly turning her head. "Hey baby girl, you know I was just think about you bestie." I spoke softly. "A'mei my head hurts." She cried out. "I know baby, but the doctor said it's gonna hurt for a few days. I'll order you to have another CT scan so I can pin point what's going on in your brain." I said. Due to the head blows Tone gave her, it was pretty bad. Her brain was suffering from major swelling and she had to have surgery to get it down. I was so mad at the fact he did that her. The more I thought about it, I started crying. "Stop crying girl, I'm going to be alright." Mia said. "Yeah I know, but I'm just worried about you okay. You know how I get when it comes down to you." I wept. "What you had planned the other day?" Mia said changing the subject. "Well I was supposed to go out with Mell, but there was a change in plans when that son of a bitch did this to you." I said wiping my eyes. "Have you even talked to him these pass two days? I think you should really contact that boy." She said giving me a look." I know but I'm taking care of you." I said. "A'mei Camari Howard." She said sternly. "Yes." I said below a whisper. "Go do like I said and text that man. I can tell he really likes you." She said. "Okay." I said giving up.

Me- Mell ?

Mell 😩❤️- hey love , how you been?

Me- Alright, I'm at the hospital with my Bestfriend... I will call you tonight and get you informed.

Mell😩❤️- okay love, just let me know.

I clicked out of the message as I heard Mia clear her thought. "What?" I asked. "Let me see your phone." She commanded. "Why?" I asked confused. "Just let me see it." She said trying not to catch a attitude. "Here." I gave it to her. I looked at her as she said rolling her eyes and typing. "What the hell are you doing Mia?" I asked. "Andddd send." She chuckled. I grabbed my phone out of her hand and saw that she had texted Mell and told him that we were meeting up tonight. "You play so damn much." I made a look as she laughed. "Stop making my abs hurt A'mei." She said trying to stop laughing. "Uhmm that's what you get." I said. "Now get out of here, you gotta date to go on bae. I already called my mom and she on the way over here now." She grinned. "Wow, you are such a mess man!" I softly hit her arm. "Ahhh!" She said faking hurt. "That shit did not hurt hoe." I said. "Uhmmm bye bitch, tell me how your night goes." She smirked. I gave her a look as I walked out of her hospital room. As I came out, her mom appeared in front of me. "Hey Ms. Petterson ." I said as she hugged me tight. "Hey baby, how is she?" She asked concerned. "She doing good, you know she hates this place, just make sure she doesn't escape." I chuckled. "You know I will keep an close eye on that one." She said. "Yes I know, and I ordered her a new CT scan for her head to further figure out what's wrong." I said. "Oh thank you so much baby. You know I love you so much." She said while kissing my cheeks. "Yess I know mama, she's down the hall on the right in the last room." I said returning a kiss. As we got done sharing our goodbyes, I head toward my car. I had to get myself together before going home. As I was riding in the car, I put on my aux and listen to Jhene Aiko Lyon King. The chorus came on and I was rudely interrupted by and incoming call from Travis.

I rolled my eyes and clicked the call button. "Yes Travis." I rolled my eyes as if he could see me. "Hey beauty, how was your day." He said. "Good, just been tied up lately." I simply stated. "Oh what's been going on?" He asked concerned. "Nothing I just been stressing." I said. I wasn't lying but I wasn't telling the truth either. I was stressing about Mia and her situation. Making sure she was good was my main focus these pass 2 days. "I really need to talk to you soon." He said. "Umm, not right now, I'm just now pulling into my house, but I'll hit you up later."I stated. Before he could say anything else, I hung up the phone. I really wasn't trying to hear anything he had to say. I knew he liked me way more than I could tolerate him. My mom used to get on my case for when she would be in the car with me and he would call. I had to make it seem all lovey dovey and shit like that.

Maybe that is just her Japanese phase where you have to love and care for everybody. As I broke my thoughts away from my mom and Travis, I brought my attention towards Mell. I looked back at the message that Mia sent him on my phone and it read:

Me- Hey change of plans, I'm free tonight.. we can catch up then.😌

Mell😩❤️- okay bby girl. Chicken Shack the meet up place ?

Me- Yes and 7 good for you ?

Mell😩❤️- any time is fine ma, see you later.

I rolled my eyes as I clicked out of the message. I still had about 2 hours to spare, so I decided to shower and lay out my clothes. I layed out my clothes first. I wanted to get cute tonight, so I got out a black skirt, gold and black fashion nova top and paid it with some long black socks, with black boots. After I was done I went to the shower. I went for a bubble bath since I had time on my hands. I went over to my bathtub and put the vanilla scent body wash in as the soap foamed up in the tub. While waiting on the tub to fill about half way, I started to play music. I was vibin out so Bryson Tiller does the trick everytime. I had his Trapsoul ablum on shuffle and by the time I got that set up the way was about 2 quarters of the way full.

I went to my kitchen to find something to snack on. I didn't want anything heavy so I just stuck with fruit. I'll pulled out the berry mixture of fruit and dug in. After about 5 minutes, I went to go check on my water. It was almost over halfway full and I quickly turned it off. I took off my clothes and sunk into the tub. It's was about 5:36 and I knew I had time to relaxed so I did just that. I turned on my music and mellowed out.

*At the restaurant*

"You are so funny Ramell." I said sarcastically. I had got to know Mell's real name and I quickly loved the way it rolled off my tongue. It really suite him. I was enjoying my time with him just being cool and goofy. We were in the restaurant waiting on our food, but got to carried away since he was roasting my ass. "What you mad for ma, loosin up." He said. I cracked a slight smile. Feeling alittle bad now, he started roasting other people in the restaurant without them knowing.

"Look at her turtle neck back ass." He said laughing. I playfully hit him and I started dying laughing because she did look like a turtle." Ok, ok I'm done." He said laughing. Right when he stopped the food was brought out. "Ohhh, this looks great." I said in aww. We both ordered steak and had different sides. I had broccoli with mash potatoes, while Ramell had two sides of frys. "Chicken wigs and frys, we don't go on dates." He quoted future while pointing at his frys. "Last time I checked, if this wasn't a date, I would be paying for me own food." I said smirking. "You can try, but you not gone be able too." He said. "Ughh." I said frustrated. "You really don't need to pay at all. I can pay for myself." I said. "I know but you don't need to." He said planting a kiss on my forehead. I went into shock mode and stared off into space. "What was that for?" I asked. "Because you deserve it." He simply stated. I thought about what he said and stared off into space. I don't know what he wanted to be, but I could tell his sexy
ass was feeling the kid. The only thing in the way was my own little secret.

----------------————--------------------
How yall like the two chapter updates? 🤷🏾‍♀️
Was it worth the wait? 🤔