Unexpected

Soooo... I have no idea what to say... I have had a slight writer's block with this chapter but I am not planning on dropping this. I will hopefully finish it. Unless under certain conditions.

I don't own PJO/HoO

Nico was in deep trouble. Scratch that, he was in huge trouble. 

He hated his life. A lot. 

The thing was that he was too short and young to try out for the knight competition thing-y. He could just find out which knight was chosen, threaten to kill him if he didn't tell him everything he needed to know, hit him hard enough to get a couple of moths worth of amnesia and take his place.

Well, Apollo wasn't as dumb as Nico thought he was. Apollo happened to be well acquainted with Lady Hecate, the most powerful sorceress known. And so Nico overheard him talking with each other. He had to stay a while to catch it but Hecate was going to seal the knight with a kind of tattoo which had a magical ink. It would be one that was bond to the Imperium kingdom. It was to avoid betrayal. Nico didn't need to hear the consequences to know they were really serious. He wasn't the nicest person but he wasn't heartless. Well not enough to leave a man to be tortured because he couldn't find a better idea. 

He couldn't quite let the knight tag along, could he? Maybe he could send someone to do this. Jules-Albert would be more than happy to but he was not going to let any one he knew be put in danger. 

Nico let a hand through his hair and tugged at it. He should have thought of this...

Nico then suddenly felt something nibble his shoe and let out a muffled sound. Nico then wondered if he had been adopted and was actually the son of a bad-tempered sailor. His mouth definitely would be in that points favor. 

The next thing that happened was that he had swords pointed at him. A guard forced his helmet off.

"A spy?" Apollo raised an eyebrow. But you're too young to be one..."

Lady Hecate came forward and eyed him.

"We should keep an eye on him..." But her eyebrow then raised more.

"Your highness should let me take care of this one..."

Apollo nodded and went with guards trudging after him.

"You're King Hades' kid..."

Nico forgot she was well acquainted with his father and stepmother.

"Uh..."

"What are you doing here?"

Nico was in trouble now. Big trouble. How was he supposed to weasel out of this one...? 

"And do not lie. I will find out in the end"

Nico then felt an light bulb click.

"Okay you got me"

Nico explained everything to her. Not even letting out a single detail. Surprised?

Hecate studied him closely.

"Well I have a good mind to report you to your father"

Nico bit his lip.

"But..." Hecate sighed. Nico knew he had won her over. Bianca had charmed everyone who knew her. She had that effect. Hecate had a soft spot for her. Hazel also could charm a lot of people. Nico... let's just say he wasn't in anyone's bad book. Yet. He had only gotten Reyna, Hazel and Bianca to like him (A/N: Along with countless fans including me). Bianca was his sister and Hazel was his step. Reyna hung with them a lot so...

"Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't lightly impressed. So you're off the hook"

Nico also melted when he saw a mischievous glint in Hecate's eye.

"I like your family way more than Apollo's"

Nico was about to ask what she meant when she held her hand up.

"I will keep you in the dungeons for now. But let's just say it'll be worth it"

Nico had no idea what she meant but Hecate was very loyal to his family, Bianca was her favorite human by far, she was sneaky as hell, never broke a promise (although would bend it if she didn't favor the person) and knew what she was doing. And, only this time, Nico decided to trust her on this.

If my mum finds out I'm dead. I really want to work on the next chapter straight away but I think I try to do it tomorrow. Our family shares the laptop so it would be suspicious to find it in my room when it's not the weekend.

I guess I'll see you guys later. Bye!