Fun and Games

"You... You are both idiots." I sigh, wrapping gauze around one of Jay's cuts... caused by Kory, of course. He winced a little as a slapped tape on it.

"No, he's the idiot." Kory says.

"Dip shit." Reaver mumbles.

"Fuck wad." Kory sneers.

"Yarn suckers." Jay glares at them both. He received confused glances.

"Stop fighting." Russia sighs, unwrapping a candy bar. We were sitting in the middle of a gas station, surrounded by snack foods and various things no one needed.

Or you didn't think you needed, until you face a zombie apocalypse

"Okay, you should be good now." I smile, putting away the medical gear I picked up at the mall before this all happened.

"Good?" Jay asks, glancing at the gauze.

"You won't lose your arm or bleed to death or anything." I clean up the little shards of glass I pulled out of his skin. Those poor idiots.

"We need to get going soon." Reaver says, checking the clock on the wall. I held my tongue, as much as I'd like to disagree with him.

"Why?" Kory asks. He was still very unhappy about Reaver becoming leader.

"Because, it's not good to stay in one place for too long. You could get attached." Reaver sighs.

"What's so wrong with getting attached?"

"When you get attached, it's harder to lose." There's this look in Reaver's eye, and I see it in Charlotte's, too.

"What if you lost one of us?" Texas sniffs. I cringe.

"I'm not attached to any of you." He lifted his back pack over his shoulder and grabbed his gun that was lying on a chair. He began to walk out of the station, when he adds, "Let's move."

We were packed and moved out of there in under fifteen minutes. I was once again shoved into the van with the guys. I never really understood though, why they could hate eachother so much and still choose to ride in the same car.

"I think Minneapolis should be leader again, I like her more." Kory has not gotten off this since we rescued them from the store back at the mall.

"No." I yawn.

"Fine." Kory says. It's surprisingly quiet for the next few minutes. I close my eyes, relieved of having to drive anyone for a while. It's been nice, not having to take care of everyone every second.

The there's a crash.

It all kind of goes in slow motion, the car comes to a dead stop, there's a ripping sound, and then a breaking sound. I realize those were the noises of a seatbelt and the windshield. I think Reaver is swearing. And then the whole world dissolves.

I'm being dragged across a cemetery.

This is the first thing I realize when I come to. And immediately I believe I'm dead, because this was what I imagine would be the groups' sad attempt at burying me. But something about this was a little off... Oh yeah, I was alive.

"Oh!" Texas looks at me. She and Fairbanks stop dragging me.

"Thank you." I brush myself off and stand up. "Where's Emmett?"

"It's interesting how you're not worried about Kory and Reaver and Jay as well." Texas smirks.

"I am." I look behind me at the truck. It sat there., smoking, it's windshields destroyed. Four bodies lay next to it. "Holly cow!" I run over to them. There were shards of glass everywhere. Reaver had gone straight out the windshield, as I had.