Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII

Kylo's POV

I'm growing more attached to Rey every day. No, every hour. She's just so beautiful, so perfect. I could never let her go.

I look down and see her still sleeping peacefully, curled up in a little ball, her head on my chest.

I lift her head up and gently set it back down on the bed. I kneel down and kiss her forehead before I walk off to the kitchen and start making breakfast.

A little while later, I finish the eggs and toast, and Rey is still asleep.

I walk into my room and get changed into a pair of dark grey sweatpants, but keep my shirt off - Rey's room is even warmer than mine.

When I walk back into Rey's room, I hear a door close and look at the bed. The covers are pulled back and the bathroom door is closed. I sit at the edge of her bed and think about my father. My mother. My uncle. How could I have left them so carelessly?

When a tear falls down my cheek, Rey walks in the room, fully dressed in dark blue leggings and a grey t-shirt. She walks up to the bed and sits next to me. She grabs my hand, turns my face towards her and wipes away my tear.

"Are you ok?" She asks.

"Yeah," I say reluctantly, "I'm fine,"I jump up and take her hands in mine. "You hungry?" I ask. "I already made breakfast,"

She smiles and quickly pecks me on the lips before dragging me to the kitchen.

She pulls a plate in front of her and waits for me to join her. We both start eating silently. When we finish, we both look up at each other and start laughing.

Everything was perfect.

As we walk to the gym, Rey says playfully, "I bet you 15 credits I can beat you in a duel,"

"You're on," I joke and squeeze her hand.

As soon as we walk in the gym, we grab our lightsabers and run to the center of the gym.

She powers hers on and lunges at me quickly. I quickly defend her attack, only by an inch.

We duel for a good 45 minutes before a large herd of stormtroopers and officers come flooding into the gym and sitting in the bleachers. After another 15 minutes, Rey looks up at me, and smiles.

"What's going on inside your head?" I think out loud. Our sabers are crossed in an X above our heads again, Rey still smiling.

"Come find out," she says as she pulls me into a kiss.

I don't care about the troopers or officers.

She powers her lightsaber off, and I do too.

She pulls her arms down and rests them on my shoulders.

I wrap my arm holding my saver around her waist pulling her closer and my free hand on her neck.

I can hear the stormtroopers and officers walking by, murmuring to each other, "Who won?" "Does that mean I keep my credits?" "Kylo won, right?".

I pull away after the left.

"I won, right?" She asks,

"No, I think I'm the winner here," I say as I pull her into another kiss.

I can feel her smiling against my lips.

She pulls away and grabs my hand. She drags me to the mess hall, almost as if she knows her way around better than me.