concert in the park

"Come on, alec."  Izzy says, barging into his room.

"Where are we going?"

"There is a free concert in the park tonight. All of us are going."

"No."

"Come on, it'll be fun."

"Who's playing?"

"A bunch of different bands. It's called battle of the bands."

"No."

"What are you going to do if you don't go with us?"

"Sit in my room and enjoy the peace and quiet."

"No, you're not."  She says, taking her brothers hand and pulling him out of his room.

*********

Alec sits down on the blanket that izzy brought with them, watching his siblings and their significant others disappear into the crowd toward the stage.

When the music starts, he notices the person sitting next to him stand up and start dancing. He watches him, not able to pull his eyes away from him. Suddenly he turns around almost like he feels alecs eyes on him.

"Hey, pretty boy, let's dance."  He says, holding his hand out to alec.

Alec hesitates then says, "I don't dance."

"Everyone dances."

"I don't."

"Why don't you dance?"

Alec shrugs and says, "I've never learned how."

"It's time you learned."  He says, pulling alec to his feet.

Just when alec is on his feet, a slow, sensuous song starts playing.

Alec feels himself being pulled close and held in strong arms.

"My name is magnus by the way." 

Alec shivers from the softness of his voice whispering in his ear.

"Im alec."

"Alexander?"

"Yeah but no one calls me that."

"Well, I am."

"Ok."  Alec says, looking into magnus's eyes.

They dance close, barely moving. They don't notice when the song ends and the tempo picks back up.

They spend the rest of the evening either in each other's arms dancing or tangled up on the blanket.

They don't realize the concert is over until they are covered in ice water.  They both sit up, wiping water out of their faces.

"Why did you do that?"  Alec asks his siblings who are laughing.

"We had to get your attention some how, the concerts over by the way."

"Oh."  Alec says, hoping he will see magnus again.

"I got an idea."  Magnus says.  "Why don't we all go to my place and continue the fun."

After everyone agrees, magnus pulls alec close and whispers to him, "I'm hoping to see what's under that shirt."

Alec smiles and says, "maybe you will."  He says, taking magnus's hand as they all leave the park.