Epilogue

"Anything else, Miriam?"

"Yes, Miss Morgan. The Senator's daughter is coming to stay with us tomorrow, and he's asked us to book a Platinum. Only..."

"All the platinums' are full." I nod my head once. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it."

Miriam smiles in her timid manner, holds her clipboard to her chest. "That's all, miss."

She turns around and leaves, her heels clicking on the polished floors.

I sigh and turn back to the papers on my desk. Let's see, there's an unsigned contract copy, a list of improvements, and contact details.

I pull up a list of clients on my laptop. Sure, there are no platinum rooms, but maybe we could shift the senator's daughter to a double silver...

Days like these make me want to curl up in bed instead. But I remind myself that I have a hotel to run, and not just any hotel, but one of my father's Geneveieve Inc. projects, and a very successful one at that too.

By the time I had finished my studies, dad's new hotel, built in the heart of Madrid, was almost complete.

And as a graduation present, he had given me the entire building, complete with 34 floors, 4 swimming pools, a gym, two spas and 3 restaurants.

And it was mine to run.

Over the next few months, I tried to get used to the job. But no matter how hard I tried, there were always issues and errors, and there was always room for improvement.

And constantly, I tell myself that's why I love this job. I like the idea of solving issues and expanding on solutions.

Maybe that's why we're one of Spain's top 10 hotels. Already.

I think that's what I'm most proud of. Getting to that base where we could not only compete with other seven star hotels, but also provide a great experience for families at a reasonably low rate.

Gee, I'm beginning to sound like a YouTube advertisement. 

I look through the list of potential clients next, keeping an eye on the clock.

It's almost eight p.m, and tonight is the best night of my whole month.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Valencia." Zach's deep drawl sounds in my ear. "You have a minute?"

"For you," I tell him. "Of course. What's up?"

"I was hoping you could tell me what to get for Gabriella's birthday next week. Or better yet, you could order and I could pay."

"Ha, ha." I say dryly. My PA Jenny knocks on my office door and I tell her to hang on for a minute.

"Give her whatever feels right. It should be sentimental, remember?"

I can almost hear Zach rolling his eyes through the other end.

"And if that doesn't work," I continue. "Just get her some perfume. She likes florals."

Zach chuckles. "Thanks, sweetheart."

"Anytime." I reply.

"Oh, and one more thing."

"Hm?"

"I love you." He says in a sing-song voice.

This time, it's my turn to roll my eyes. "What else do you want?"